A Reason for Love

RexRed

Posted (edited)

I know I know, sometimes my songs start to all sound the same.

But they still take a lot of time to make them regardless of some of their similarity to one another.

I hope they have some redeeming quality that makes them shine on their own merit.

One thing I realized in making this song is, sometimes love needs no reason at all... 

Lots of love to you awesome Cakewalk peeps!

RexRed ❤️

Edited by RexRed

Stellar vocal Rex (love the Hammond btw). I'm not a huge fan of the drums (especially the crash cymbal).

It's a very simple arrangement - but no worse for that - very nicely done.  I'm not sure about the stereo effect on the solo guitar - may work better on monitors but it's a little disconcerting on cans.

As for this...

On 5/28/2024 at 5:46 AM, RexRed said:

I hope they have some redeeming quality that makes them shine on their own merit.

All your songs have many different qualities - yes you have a signature style but so have countless other hugely successful singer/ songwriters so I don't see the issue.

I certainly enjoy listening to your stuff.

All the best

Andy

• Like 1

Rex, when you said your songs sometimes sound the same I thought of Paul McCartney's Silly Love Songs and his "what's wrong with that" lyrics. So there you go.

I agree with Andy about the panned guitar effect which kind of took me out of it. The rest is top notch as usual.

-Bjorn