PreSonus Studio One+ 6-month Hybrid Subscription for $99

cclarry

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, JT music said:

Take a good look at Thomann, above they are wrong, $80 is not the Hybida, it is only the 6 month old(no Hybrid) , the Hybida is $149

https://www.thomannmusic.com/presonus_sphere_annual_membership.htm

It's a Hybrid, but only 6 months without  free Studio One Professional permanent  license. Should buy Two 6 months and regist them before the expire of first one to get the Studio One Professional permanent  license.

image.thumb.png.4c9fe9ad88d1c5ec42eed8abc236966a.png

If you buy the new interface Quantum ES, this 6 month's of lisence will be given freely now, so only buy another one to upgrade to the One Year Hybrid and get the Studio One Professional permanent  license.
https://www.presonus.com/en-US/quantum-es.html

Edited by Moon OverSea
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Moon OverSea said:

It's a Hybrid, but only 6 months without  free Studio One Professional permanent  license. Should buy Two 6 months and regist them before the expire of first one to get the Studio One Professional permanent  license.

If you buy the new interface Quantum ES, this 6 month's of lisence will be given freely now, so only buy another one to upgrade to the One Year Hybrid and get the Studio One Professional permanent  license.

The product seems the exist for this use case only: to give buyers of the new Interfaces the chance to get their hands on a perpetual licence on the 'cheap'. Though I would've preferred if they kept bundling the hardware with the Artist version.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Though I would've preferred if they kept bundling the hardware with the Artist version.

Did they stop bundling Artist with hardware? I just looked at a few Revelator items and it seems to be what I remember. At least 6 months ago (before "Hybrid" was introduced), buying hardware included either Studio One Artist (perpetual) or the Studio One+ subscription for 6 months (that would expire, but includes "everything," a good chunk of which no one would ever use or care about).

Definitely read the fine print on all of these deals. Some hardware goes on sale as low as ~$50 with this included, but not sure how they folded in the new Hybrid approach or what hardware may have been modified.

3 hours ago, Moon OverSea said:

This makes perfect sense.

Kudos to FMI/Presonus for creating this upgrade path.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mettelus said:

Definitely read the fine print on all of these deals. Some hardware goes on sale as low as ~$50 with this included

Also be sure to check the serial number of any used PreSonus hardware you buy. There's a good chance that the previous owner may not have registered it, and you'll wind up with an upgradeable Artist license.

This was the case with a Studio 2|4 interface I got on CL for $30. It came with Studio One Artist 5, which I upgraded to Studio One Artist 6. Very important upgrade, they finally allowed use of 3rd-party VST's.

It wasn't easy finding the upgrade path, PreSonus didn't have it listed on their site so I had to buy it from a dealer in Europe.

• Great Idea 1