Dim Pro, Is this locked to Cakewalk products?

DimPro from Sonar X3 times (or early) is plug-in which "will work forever". It requires no online activation (for serial activation in my experience it should be started once as Administrator, it reports "incorrect serial" otherwise). It works under Wine, so it is not even Windows dependent.

Rapture Pro is from "online" era. 

Thanks once again @Tom B I had a look in my old notepad serial number document and there is was the serial numbers for Lounge Lizard, Strum Session and Ultra Analog. I also logged in to AAS and those products are are listed under my account. I see there's even a few upgrade offers I might look at latter. 

10 hours ago, Heath Row said:

Rapture Pro, yes I thought if you had that your troubles would be over.

And a big thanks as well for mentioning that. I had it in my head that Rapture was just a sample based synth engine for weird sounds.  I don't think I've opened it for a long, long time. Too many plug ins not enough time!  

Now the next project is see if I can use SI instruments which I'm pretty sure works. 

It would seem that the only thing you cannot use is Pro Channel modules. Not a problem as every DAW has that sort of stuff built in anyway. 

13 hours ago, Tom B said:

Hopefully,  this reply answers your good question 🙂   

Around Dec 2017, during the time-of-uncertainty (i.e. post-Gibson, pre-BandLab),  AAS offered serial numbers which allowed the 'old' SONAR Edition of the AAS instruments (e.g. Lounge Lizard, Strum Session, etc.) to run on any DAW.  The serial numbers were offered upon request for a limited time.  

That explains why I'm still able to use the old-SONAR Edition of AAS on Studio One and presumably other DAWs today. 

Thanks for the details.  It makes sense. 

As for me. although I started using Cakewalk for MS-DOS and upgraded a number of times along the way, I was not active in any of the Cakewalk/Sonar forums.  So when Cakewalk folded and offers were made by AAS and others, I was not in any pipeline to hear about the offers.  I never switched away from Cakewalk. I was using gear including a pair of hardware sequencers, and the AAS Sonar Editions worked in X1 and X3 and later CbB. 

After getting into Cherry Audio's Voltage Modular I found that the AAS Sonar Editions didn't work with the Plug-in Host.  As luck would have it, AAS had a Humble Bundle. Tier 3 included licensed versions of the AAS Session plug-ins along with 5 Sound Packs plus Objeq Delay.

So even though I missed out on the offer of free licenses for the non-SONAR Edition plug-ins,  it worked out for me and I became a fan of AAS.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Wondering if re installing ALL of Di Pro from CCC might help - as stated I get maybe 20% of the available instruments yet they all are in the same place?

Also I purchased the standalone Rapture Pro but just could never get it to work consistently-presently uninstalled but I do have the files and the serials. same with Dim Pro

Edited by Pathfinder

I found only one plug in so far that doesn't work. Tue Piano's Cakewalk.  It flashes a toast about being for only Cakewalk. I have to have 8.5 installed to get it in my case.  Bummer as I use it on just about every project.  oh well, there's no shortage of pianos.

I wonder if Lexicon Pantheon Reverb is also locked. You can't even purchase it anymore and it was another favorite from 8.5 days.  Once again, lots of alternatives. 

1 hour ago, Pathfinder said:

Wondering if re installing ALL of Di Pro from CCC might help -

This is how I've always done it without issue. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Vere said:

Thanks once again @Tom B I had a look in my old notepad serial number document and there is was the serial numbers for Lounge Lizard, Strum Session and Ultra Analog. I also logged in to AAS and those products are are listed under my account. I see there's even a few upgrade offers I might look at latter. 

Glad to hear you have these plugins working again!

6 hours ago, John Vere said:

I had a look in my old notepad serial number document and there is was the serial numbers for Lounge Lizard, Strum Session and Ultra Analog. I also logged in to AAS and those products are are listed under my account.

You're also entitled to that bundle as the owner of a Mixcraft license. I must have at least 3 Session Bundle licenses in my A|A|S account, what with the Humble Bundle and registering hardware and signing up for websites.

That virtual guitar is something else, especially considering that it's modeled. As a guitar player, I don't really need the full version of Strum, but it's sure fun to play with, and I may wind up using it in an electronica song just to have a guitar stab or accent.

5 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

as stated I get maybe 20% of the available instruments yet they all are in the same place?

You've refreshed the library contents I guess? In case you are unaware, and apologies if you are, while you have the plug(I think it's the same for them all, or at least most) you just hit the F5 key if memory servers correct, you may also have to have the library/browser open when you do this, worth a try if you haven't. It's been a long time since I've had to do it and I'm not at any of my DAW machines at the moment. I've got a sh!t load of libraries for Dim Pro, Rapture and Z3TA, and as I recall some of it could be a little tricky getting them to work, but once it's done it's done

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Curious? Wasn't Rapture Pro Full suppose to be like the bigger brother of Dim Pro? I still have al the mulisamples installed for Rapture Pro on my sample drive-I have tons of room so I never deleted them-I just uninstalled RPro-as stated just never could get it to work correctly

@john Vere Re-installing Dim Pro seems to have fixed any issues-so far anyway-Thanks

Edited by Pathfinder
  • Like 1