Nu Sonar - Track Manager does not highlight text when selected in Console View

In older versions of Cakewalk, when you launch Track Manager, you selected the tracks and they would highlight in a bold blue (In both Track View and Console View)

Now, running the latest Nu Sonar, in Track View . . . selecting tracks in Track Manager shows a light grey, but in Console View  . . . when you select tracks in Track Manager, nothing is highlighted at all. Yes, Track Manager still works properly, it's just harder to visualize without the highlighting of what you're selecting. A minor annoyance, but thought I would mention it here.

Posted (edited)

Seriously, is this some hipster way of saying 'new'?  Is it actually being called 'Nu Sonar' by the company? I only see a couple of guys using that term.
Is it perhaps the 13th iteration of Cakewalk's flagship DAW? Or is it the Greek version?

Edited by 57Gregy
Bad taste.
  • Confused 1

depends. some places its "nu", others "neu", "νέος", "nuiu", "new", "noo", "新しい", "neuf", "neseniai įgytas", "cusub", "新的", "ny", etc

pretty sure they mean it as a shorter version of "it's the newest iteration of our digital audio workstation product"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

What's Nu Sonar?

It’s easier to call it Nu, instead of latest Backstage Pass Sonar, just trying to distinguish it from all the other new versions , I saw  it in another thread, and thought it was a good name

• Like 2

I think it’s pretty safe to just say Sonar or Cakewalk. It took a while for us to transform from Splat to CbB.
I mostly called it Cakewalk in all my tutorials and now I just say Sonar. 
Sonar is a short word so really doesn’t lend itself to an abbreviation. I guess you could take the NuSonar and shorten it to NuS 😬

• Like 2