Once an hour at the most ( not a deal)

MrFigg

MrFigg,

I too at one time was logging in to the forums all of the time looking for the greatest and best deals I could find.  I had to admit to myself that I was a "Studioholic".   I liked plugins, hardware, DAWS,  deals on cables, headphones whatever deal I could find.   I still have three Beyerdynamic headphones still in the box unopened, but I got them on sale for a great price. If it was in the deal section posted by LARRY, I wanted to get it.    😭One day my kids came to me and said daddy, you need help,  that's when I knew I  was a "Studioholic" 😭

MrFigg, C'mon say it with me,... "Studioholic",  I'm a "Studioholic" because I want to look for deals to add stuff to my studio!!    There, don't you feel better.    Now, we meet on Tuesdays  from 7pm to 8pm via Zoom.   I'll see you at the next meeting,  👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, jesse g said:

Now, we meet on Tuesdays  from 7pm to 8pm via Zoom.   I'll see you at the next meeting,  👍

I'd be there, but I'll be too busy checking the Deals forum.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/27/2024 at 10:20 AM, kitekrazy said:

Along with using Deals as not a deal instead of using the coffee house thinking people do not use other parts of this site. Somehow we think we wont be heard posting it elsewhere.  

This is a thing, but it has a solid basis.

There are 3 different "communities" on this site. Lots of overlap of course, but there are plenty of people who never venture outside (at least not to post) of their usual communities.

There's the Coffee House/Deals forum, the Coffee House top level, and then everywhere else. Coffee House top level is basically a preservation/continuation of the similarly-named forum on the Cakewalk, Inc. site. There are many people here who either never used a Cakewalk DAW or switched away at some point.

So....maybe if we don't post it here, it won't be read by the people we want to read it?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

This is a thing, but it has a solid basis.

There are 3 different "communities" on this site. Lots of overlap of course, but there are plenty of people who never venture outside (at least not to post) of their usual communities.

There's the Coffee House/Deals forum, the Coffee House top level, and then everywhere else. Coffee House top level is basically a preservation/continuation of the similarly-named forum on the Cakewalk, Inc. site. There are many people here who either never used a Cakewalk DAW or switched away at some point.

So....maybe if we don't post it here, it won't be read by the people we want to read it?

Yeah, it's more of a specific issue which has more relevance on this forum than anywhere else.

Mr. Figg....for some reason that makes me think of "Mr. Anderson" 😀

Perhaps your Matrix sub program is stuck in a Deals loop....

My method for this forum is I check it once a day looking for anything free and worthwhile or specific upgrades or expansions at very low prices.  I then mark all as read in the upper right so next time I can see what's new. When I see something new for a thread I already looked at I click the highest page number - if the thread is continuing on in an interesting way I back up to earlier pages in the thread. 

I'm only on for a minute if I don't add comments. 

The Deals forum has helped me build a very inexpensive and comprehensive plugin collection not only for myself but also a studio I work at. 

I think the commentary on the value of "soft synths" and mixing plugins here is some of the most useful I've seen. 

Thank you Larry and the rest of us who try to beat him to the punch 😀

• Like 1