LUNA (free) for Windows

jackson white

7 minutes ago, CSistine said:

they start processes to do updates when you are using their plugins (I did not find out how to avoid this)!

That's a dealbreaker for me. No matter how good their plugins are, launching updates in the middle of a recording session is not appropriate. I steer away from UAD plugins and never use them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Well... they I screwed up the install right off the bat by locking in my ilok email instead of my user name and I can't manually change it here.  Now I have to spend an hour&1/2 dealing with support to fix it before LUNA even installs.  Not worth the hassle.

Update1: Hassel averted. Figured out how to change account info by going to my account but it's now in que... 

Update2: Finally able to dnld & install.  Looks good and totally theme-able:D  No "Save As" under file menu.  Saving multiple versions will take getting used to. 🤔 Auto save interval is changeable in Settings.

Edited by sjoens
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Ok...be forwarned Luna does NOT ask you to save your work when you are closing it...it just closes

It autosaves all the time.  It's both good and bad.  I'd definitely prefer a choice though.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 minute ago, Release said:

It autosaves all the time.  It's both good and bad.  I'd definitely prefer a choice though.

Yep..just figured that out as when I re-opened it it was right where I left it.  Don't know if I like that or not...time will tell

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CSistine said:

and second, because they start processes to do updates when you are using their plugins (I did not find out how to avoid this)!

Go offline while in Luna?

• Great Idea 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Anxiousmofo said:

Nice. Despite being Windows only, I bought the API summing for Luna with a credit I had a few months back, because the credit was about to expire and I owned all the native stuff already.  I was betting on Luna for Windows releasing this year.  Hopefully my summing investment will work, too.

I bought the Spitfire Orch stuff on sale on the same premise. That paid off.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

3 hours ago, Bapu said:

I bought the Spitfire Orch stuff on sale on the same premise. That paid off.

Nice. I haven't fired up Luna yet but did the installs and it appears my summing and other API stuff  is good to go for Windows. 

• Like 2