A piece of gear that I though might be of interest to some people

Posted (edited)

A piece of gear that I thought might be of interest to some people.

First, I am not affiliated or benefit from passing this piece of knowledge on to you.

My YouTube Channel, @midimakertv

https://www.amazon.com/Rii-Bluetooth-Keyboard-Smartphones-Mac-Black-dp-B07T13GLY3/dp/B07T13GLY3/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

When would this come in handy?

Well, you know when you drag your synth/keyboard controller out of the closet and and place it on your computer desktop and it takes up all the room there?

And, you are not sure where to put your mouse and keyboard because the controller is taking up all the room?

Well this thing is about the size of a large cell phone and it is both wireless or Bluetooth.

VERY responsive and you can even use it remotely from across the room not tethered by a wire.

I was using Touchdaw on my  tablet but even my tablet it too big for the little bit of space in front of my keyboard controller on my desktop.

Most of the time I just need the spacebar and the w key. 

I keep this thing plugged in and charging on my desktop now all the time.

You can see it in dimly lit environments as well.

I believe the "upgraded" version has USB C but I am not certain of that because I own the older model of this device.

I hope this is helpful! 

This is the one I own (which may be discontinued but this is even smaller and very well made) The size of a smaller cell phone and mine is mini USB with no Bluetooth and uses a USB A wireless dongle.

I just found this:

https://www.amazon.com/Rii-Bluetooth-Keyboard-Lightweight-Compatible/dp/B0BML42L6X/ref=sr_1_1

This is the one I would recommend purchasing. V6

Edited by RexRed

I've got the bottom one... I use it for a raspberry pi when I need keyboard access - they work pretty well.

However, I've just got a new fanless PC which is 13cm x 8cm x 1.75cm (just slightly larger than the size of an old cassette case), along with a 10" 1920 x 1200 touch screen.  They both sit nicely on top of one of my controller keyboards as a host for soft-synths. 

I intend to get another one of these keyboards just in case I need keyboard access for something. 

I guess they'd also be useful if you were say recording vocals and were out of reach of your main keyboard.

Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2024 at 11:16 AM, msmcleod said:

I've got the bottom one... I use it for a raspberry pi when I need keyboard access - they work pretty well.

However, I've just got a new fanless PC which is 13cm x 8cm x 1.75cm (just slightly larger than the size of an old cassette case), along with a 10" 1920 x 1200 touch screen.  They both sit nicely on top of one of my controller keyboards as a host for soft-synths. 

I intend to get another one of these keyboards just in case I need keyboard access for something. 

I guess they'd also be useful if you were say recording vocals and were out of reach of your main keyboard.

I just ordered the bottom one, the old version of the bottom one I have and it is only wireless (no Bluetooth). That works well for Cakewalk on my PC but I plan to use the Bluetooth bottom one to send commands to a teleprompter app "elegant teleprompter" And pair that up with the Neewer Teleprompter shroud and glass and the Airturn DUO 500 foot pedal. These mini keyboards do work well to remotely control open apps on tablets. Just got the RME remote app up and running on the latest 1 TB IPad pro. As for fanless PCs, about a year ago I knocked a hole in the wall and all of my PCs are in the other room, I run long USB/HDMI cables through, my studio is perfectly silent now. First time in years.  I have at least 20 wires going through the hole in the wall. (Still recording in Cakewalk with the Zoom 32 bit) I use the RME Fireface UCX II for Windows multiple inputs and patching broadcast signals to a secondary PC with OBS. I run the Zoom 32 direct hardware inputs into the RME Fireface. 

Edited by RexRed
typos