United Plugins 5th Anniversary Sale

Larry Shelby

1 hour ago, CSistine said:

Purchased DIFIX with my credits!

I am surprised, how well this plugin works! Incredible, how a DI guitar together with an amp sim can sound much more realistic with this plugin!

I really wanted to buy this plugin. But when I tested it against similar plugins, I couldn't justify buying it. $5 price tag could've made me reconsider that decision, though.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, BTP said:

These are indeed available on their own site and you can use the credit. I got MorphVerb for 1€.

https://unitedplugins.com/discounts

Also available @ AudioDeluxe. They have a couple of freebies currently.

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/brand/united-plugins?f[0]=bm_field_on_sale_now%3Atrue

Also available at Loot Audio. You can use their store credit from past purchases to lower the price.

You can select a freebie at checkout as well.

Edited by Kal S

38 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Guess I should have demo'd it before putting my $3 down  (had $2 in credits).  

If I recall correctly then their demo versions don't expire after the trial period ends. They just turn into a feature restricted version which can still be used.

43 minutes ago, Kal S said:

If I recall correctly then their demo versions don't expire after the trial period ends. They just turn into a feature restricted version which can still be used.

That is only for certain plugins, this reverb shouldn't be one of those.  That Acoustic Guitar and Royal Comp do fit that category.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Infinite setting only gets like 80% wet when set to 100% web with ducking and pre-delay set as low as they can go.....who designed this thing?

Yep, and only 20 seconds. Not really infinite. 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear on the reverb. Bought the Fire Cobra and the reverb with a $10 credit I had (still had to pay a dollar due to rules).  Hopefully something I got was dollar worthy. Should have bought QuickAG I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally was able to test these fivers. Honestly, I didn't expect anything spectacular, but MorphVerb and QuickAG proved to be too good to pass by. No wonder, Fleer mentioned this reverb plugins so much. Might not be your most transparent reverb, but it's light on CPU, very easy to use and enables users to create unique soundscapes in just a few seconds.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

I finally was able to test these fivers. Honestly, I didn't expect anything spectacular, but MorphVerb and QuickAG proved to be too good to pass by. No wonder, Fleer mentioned this reverb plugins so much. Might not be your most transparent reverb, but it's light on CPU, very easy to use and enables users to create unique soundscapes in just a few seconds.

I've been trying the same and I also found something really special about Morphverb. I did like QuickAG, but I didn't find any presets that really wowed me for what I tried it on. But I'll try more later today. I tried Firecobra, but it didn't really do anything I found really special, but maybe I'm missing something and will spend more time with it.  To find even 5 presets I really like for 5 bucks seems like a pretty incredible deal to me, Especially when it's something like QuickAG that puts together an effects chain that I really couldn't do myself.  It's one thing for me to adjust a reverb, filter, or compressor, but to understand how to put together an effects chain that sounds really good is candidly, far above my skill set (and my hearing abilities).  

Were you using it on guitar you recorded yourself or sample libraries? I was doing the later, using the samples without effects on them. I haven't even been recording physical instruments since I've been attempting to play these last few years. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

41 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I've been trying the same and I also found something really special about Morphverb. I did like QuickAG, but I didn't find any presets that really wowed me for what I tried it on. But I'll try more later today. I tried Firecobra, but it didn't really do anything I found really special, but maybe I'm missing something and will spend more time with it.  To find even 5 presets I really like for 5 bucks seems like a pretty incredible deal to me, Especially when it's something like QuickAG that puts together an effects chain that I really couldn't do myself.  It's one thing for me to adjust a reverb, filter, or compressor, but to understand how to put together an effects chain that sounds really good is candidly, far above my skill set (and my hearing abilities).  

Were you using it on guitar you recorded yourself or sample libraries? I was doing the later, using the samples without effects on them. I haven't even been recording physical instruments since I've been attempting to play these last few years. 

Already said it but save your money. You don't need any of these. Why buy QuickAG when you're not going to be recording acoustic guitar. The samples you have are probably already recorded as good as they're going to get. 

50 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I tried it on as many sources as seemed reasonable, including sampled instruments like drums. The EQ section is designed for plucked and strummed acoustic instruments, but other sections work well with basically anything. As MrFigg pointed out, you might not need it, that is, unless you like what it does to your tracks and the simplicity of the workflow. IME, I like it even with sampled acoustic guitars.

NB! We all approach working with software from different perspectives. I am more of a creator than engineer, and would rather keep things simple to stay in the flow. YMMV.

28 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Already said it but save your money. You don't need any of these. Why buy QuickAG when you're not going to be recording acoustic guitar. The samples you have are probably already recorded as good as they're going to get. 

No doubt I'm using great sample libraries, Evolution libraries, that are superbly recorded. The reason I like this is the same reason I own several electric guitar amp sims that I use on the sampled guitars. Yes, 90% of the time I use the Evolution presets,  but these plugins give me additional presets to choose from. I didn't find anything in QuickAG was designed to improve a poorly recorded guitar. It's effects chains that I can put on dry recorded guitar samples. 

But I want to say that I sincerely respect your effort to be helpful. I think that's a genuinely decent and kind thing to do. So thanks.  

1 minute ago, PavlovsCat said:

No doubt I'm using great sample libraries, Evolution libraries, that are superbly recorded. The reason I like this is the same reason I own several electric guitar amp sims that I use on the sampled guitars. Yes, 90% of the time I use the Evolution presets,  but these plugins give me additional presets to choose from. I didn't find anything in QuickAG was designed to improve a poorly recorded guitar. It's effects chains that I can put on dry recorded guitar samples. 

But I want to say that I sincerely respect your effort to be helpful. I think that's a genuinely decent and kind thing to do. So thanks.  

Yeah, you're probably right. Just get it.

21 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

I tried it on as many sources as seemed reasonable, including sampled instruments like drums. The EQ section is designed for plucked and strummed acoustic instruments, but other sections work well with basically anything. As MrFigg pointed out, you might not need it, that is, unless you like what it does to your tracks and the simplicity of the workflow. IME, I like it even with sampled acoustic guitars.

NB! We all approach working with software from different perspectives. I am more of a creator than engineer, and would rather keep things simple to stay in the flow. YMMV.

I wrote in a previous post that it's not an effect...it's essentially for taking the harsh edge off recorded acoustic guitar. You how it can be. That said, I guess everytihng can be pushed. Personally, if it was me and using samples I'd probably just EQ it to my needs and put on some reverb. If at all. Don't really think compression is relevant in a sample which has no doubt already been levelled. I bought it, but only for the reason I just gave.

I liked MorphVerb when I first bought it. It was one of the first Reverbs I bought. Then I started testing reverbs with plain saw waves and hated it for its harsh metallic tones and decided it was the 2nd worst reverb and one of the few plugins I regretted buying. 

But then Baby Audio's Crystalline came out and I was demoing it vs all the other reverbs I owned and I realised I could get the same sounds out of MorphVerb. Now I don't hate MorphVerb any more. It has its place. I don't really reach for it, but whenever I see Crystalline advertised I think to myself nahh I'm good, I have MorphVerb. 

Sure, I can't really remember the settings that matched Crystalline. But they're in there somewhere. 

• Like 3