OpenAudio - open source VST/audio plugin projects

Niky Serrano

Starship Krupa has a thread listing  free plugins in another section of the forum. I have one thread with recommended free sample libraries for free players and another thread with recommended free sample libraries for the full version of KONTAKT. It would  be great if someone created a similar style thread for these plugins -- or perhaps they'd be a good addition to @Starship Krupa's thread?  I'm maxed out timewise maintaining my existing two threads. But if anyone had the time and energy to go through these and similar free plugins and compile recommendations, I think it would be really valuable. I know I would find it valuable. 

Checked out some of the projects. With some of them, you need to know how to compile the source code/libraries. It’s been years since I dabbled in that stuff… so, that’s a no-go for me. But that stuff is a great resource for anyone wanting to create their own audio plugins.

For me, the ones that immediately stand out(from my own use and from other’s recommendations) are: Vital + Helm by Matt Tytel and Surge XT by Claes Johanson(co-founder of Bitwig and Vember Audio). No source code compiling needed. You can download/install your desired plugin format.