Ujam Usynth DRIVE: Last Month for Free

audioschmaudio

3 hours ago, satya said:

They delisted Usynth Drive from Plugin boutique , really bad 

Maybe Ujam asked them to in order to prevent people from hoarding multiple licenses with multiple accounts to resell them later.

Posted (edited)

When using the updater, the choices are "KEEP" and "UPGRADE."  If I choose keep, "no UJAM account required." Or I can choose upgrade, "to create a UJAM account" and get a free license.

Simply update your Usynth DRIVE, and you'll automatically receive 50 new presets.

I got the USynths from PlugIn Boutique so I already have a UJAM account (needed to redeem the codes). From what I can see, there is no way for someone with an existing UJAM to choose to to update to the one with 50 new presets.  I keep getting into an infinite KEEP / UPGRADE loop. There seems to be no path to update Drive, either from the website or from the updated installer (1.0.6).

The installer says there are updates for both USynth and Drive, but all that does is go to the KEEP / UPGRADE choices.

Usynth DRIVE will transition from a free to a paid product on June 14th. It will remain free for you as a legacy user, if you get a free license now. [emphasis added]

So it seems I can keep the old version of Drive until mid-June, but since I already have a UJAM account, I can't upgrade to a free license unless I get a new e-mail address and pay for a paid version of Drive. (Maybe.)

20 hours ago, locrian said:

Can't login to the UJAM App to update my copy of DRIVE.  I'm guessing the problem is server congession.

49 minutes ago, audioschmaudio said:

Logging in at UJAM works today

For me, the server / app seems to be working for some things:  I successfully redeemed codes for my purchased synths from a few weeks ago and the app now shows them as being installed (as opposed to "trial expired"). However, for Drive, I cannot update from 1.0.1 to 1.1.0 and I cannot update USynth from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2.

Also, I got the 20% discount code for signing up for the newsletters.  Please note: valid until June 30th, 2024

Edited by User 905133

55 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

When using the updater, the choices are "KEEP" and "UPGRADE."  If I choose keep, "no UJAM account required." Or I can choose upgrade, "to create a UJAM account" and get a free license.

I got the USynths from PlugIn Boutique so I already have a UJAM account (needed to redeem the codes). From what I can see, there is no way for someone with an existing UJAM to choose to to update to the one with 50 new presets.  I keep getting into an infinite KEEP / UPGRADE loop. There seems to be no path to update Drive, either from the website or from the updated installer (1.0.6).

The installer says there are updates for both USynth and Drive, but all that does is go to the KEEP / UPGRADE choices.

So it seems I can keep the old version of Drive until mid-June, but since I already have a UJAM account, I can't upgrade to a free license unless I get a new e-mail address and pay for a paid version of Drive. (Maybe.)

For me, the server / app seems to be working for some things:  I successfully redeemed codes for my purchased synths from a few weeks ago and the app now shows them as being installed (as opposed to "trial expired"). However, for Drive, I cannot update from 1.0.1 to 1.1.0 and I cannot update USynth from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2.

Also, I got the 20% discount code for signing up for the newsletters.  Please note: valid until June 30th, 2024

I updated Usynth and Drive on my existing UJAM account without problem yesterday. So it may be just a glitch  for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I updated Usynth and Drive on my existing UJAM account without problem yesterday. So it may be just a glitch  for you.

Thanks; looks like it was indeed some sort of glitch.

I tried it once more, and then verified I still had USynth 1.3.1 and Drive 1.0.1.  Despite having had Drive for months, the USynth info panel said "Ready for Trial."  So I put Drive into my cart (for $0.00), checked out, and sure enough the app downloaded 1.1.0, installed it, activated it, and at the same time updated USynth to 1.3.2. 

Glad you pointed out that it could have been an issue with my specific account. 

Edited by User 905133
fixed typo (missing word added: been)
  • Like 1