2 Zoom UAC-232 32 bit audio interfaces simultaneously in Cakewalk?

RexRed

Posted (edited)

2 Zoom UAC-232 32 bit audio interfaces simultaneously in Cakewalk?

I recall being told that Cakewalk will use two audio interfaces at once if they are the same brand...

I believe someone mentioned that Scarlett brand audio interface will allow this.

Is that still true?

And if it is true, or if it is true for some interfaces...

Does anyone know if I can get Cakewalk to recognize two 32 bit Zoom audio interfaces at once?

This would be a huge game changer...

Google AI said this:

In general, you can't use more than one audio interface at once in Cakewalk due to technical restrictions. However, you can use interfaces that have an ADAT input as an exception. You can also use multiple smaller interfaces together by connecting them to your computer with a multi-port USB adapter and creating an Aggregate Device.

And this was also in Google:

You can if you use a common word-clock. But your interfaces need the facility to act as a clock master or slave, and have the appropriate interfaces. You need to designate one interface as your clock master and every other interface needs to slave to that.

Comment:

I assume these options come with added latency?

Edited by RexRed
Additions

• RexRed changed the title to 2 Zoom UAC-232 32 bit audio interfaces simultaneously in Cakewalk?

Some manufacturers allow the use of separate units to aggrate the Windows drivers but this is special case.  Don’t depend on it working, however.  Look up your hardware interface to see if this is possible.

Posted (edited)

There's no guarantee that this would work smoothly. Better solution is purchase the L8. That's what I'm using now. It also is 32 Bit. 

Two UAC 232  @ $269 = $538    Zoom L8 $529 ( go on sale for much less)  

Two UCA 232 = 4 pre amps 1 headphone mix per unit, example how do you set up cue mixes?  

The Zoom L8 = 6 pre amps and 2 Line inputs. It has a full featured digital mixer and you can have 4 custom headphone mixes. 

It shows in Sonar as 12 inputs There are  8 mono. But you can record the Master as stereo  which will record wet using the very nice built in effects.  Inputs 7 and 8 can also be  stereo inputs from other devices as well as computer loopback, very useful.  

You have Hardware control over most of your tracking cue mixes. You have meters! And you can back up everything as you track to the built in digital recorder. Never loose a take again. 

Edited by John Vere

Posted (edited)

if both use the same ASIO driver, then it should work. i have a UMC 1820 and a UMC 202HD and they work together because they use a single ASIO driver. they appear as separate devices in CW but they're both enabled. however, since the 202 HD doesn't have the ability to accept or output a clock, syncing them fully is not possible. in the past, i have used WASAPI Shared and different IO units which support it to connect them. again similar issue though, these devices did not have the ability to share a common clock - but i made one the input unit and one the output unit so it didn't really matter (4 in, 4 out).

Edited by Glenn Stanton