Guitar chord writing software?

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know of a guitar chord writing software where you can paint in the dots?

I've got Scaler 2, but it limits you to the 'known' chords in it's database. I'm interested in writing down 'uncommon' chords which may not be in most databases.

I've also tried some of the free software that comes up on Google, but none of them seem to do what I want (or perhaps I'm just not aware that they can).

At the moment, I write my chores on paper (so archaic), but I'd quite like to be able to organise them into sheet music with lyrics.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Edited by X-53mph

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2024 at 9:19 AM, X-53mph said:

Does anyone know of a guitar chord writing software where you can paint in the dots?

I've got Scaler 2, but it limits you to the 'known' chords in it's database. I'm interested in writing down 'uncommon' chords which may not be in most databases.

I've also tried some of the free software that comes up on Google, but none of them seem to do what I want (or perhaps I'm just not aware that they can).

At the moment, I write my chores on paper (so archaic), but I'd quite like to be able to organise them into sheet music with lyrics.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

I'm not sure what you mean by "paint in the dots", but all Cakewalk programs I have ever used have tools to write chords.
You can use the Staff View with the internal Fret View to click in notes on the fretboard. Those notes will appear in the Staff. You can click notes in the Staff and they will appear on the fretboard when played. Usually. Sometimes a note is missed which I've always written off as my slow computers/graphics issues.
You can open the Chord dialog which has a database of over 1,000 chords you can click in above the Staff. It defaults to 'C' but clicking on that will open up the complete chord writing app in Cakewalk. You can open a New Grid, click in whatever notes you want, name it, save it and use that diagram whenever you want.
Note that entering a chord diagram above the Staff will not enter the notes on the Staff, you still have to do that manually.

Achords.jpg

AAchords.jpg

AAAchords.jpg

• Thanks 1