Midiman Midisport 2x2 Anniversary Edition

The way you worded your question it implies that you were wondering that if you purchase one would it work! 
Sounds like it does if it shows in preferences.  So not sure what the real question actually is?  

Even though it listed the Midiman Midisport 2x2 Anniversary Edition in "Devices"  on the computer.  It did not work.  I went to their site and even though it said nothing for Windows 10 There was a choice of Win 64, Win 10 and it took me to another driver which when downloaded and installed worked!

So it can be used for Windows 10 

John, in Cakewalk "Preferences" it gave a choice of  selecting the Midisport as a device.  But until I got the new driver it did not work.  That's what I was referring to.

• Like 2

Hi Dean,

I have the midisport 2 x 2 since ages and it works without problems in win 10 and in Sonar (or Cbb) as well.

I think you could try to download their drivers (MIDISPORT Windows Driver v6.1.3) which are old but working. Never had any problem.

Regards,

Giorgio

13 hours ago, Dean said:

John, in Cakewalk "Preferences" it gave a choice of  selecting the Midisport as a device.  But until I got the new driver it did not work.  That's what I was referring to.

Glad you got it working. It is odd that nobody seems to make those devices anymore. I guess all new midi stuff is USB so we are stuck with vintage midi gear and the drivers are slowly fading away. 
I had the Roland A 880 patch bay. 

I've got both the MidiSport 2x2 and the MidiSport 8x8.

I found the 8x8 is a bit flakey in Windows 10 and liable to blue screens... rock solid in Windows 7 though.   Thankfully the only time I need to use it is when editing sounds on my hardware rack gear, so I'm happy to switch to Windows 7 for that.

I now use the MidiTech  midiface 8x8  / midiface 4x4 - they work fine in both Windows 10 & Windows 11.

I did try out some cheaper interfaces, but they suffered from missing notes / sysex issues.

Posted (edited)

I've been using my MidiSport 8x8/s since it was released at the turn of the century. It's been my main interface throughout all of Microsoft's iterations (98, XP, Win7, Win8, Win10 and now Win11).

I haven't had any of the reported issues, but the only problem I have is M-Audio no longer includes the driver for the SMPTE ports. I tried installing them from the original CD and Win7 drivers, but it won't install in the newer operating systems. So I use MOTU micro express for SMPTE.

My MidiSport has been in operation for over 20 years and it unbelievably still works!.. kinda like NASA's Voyager probes. I was surprised when I hooked up my Osmose and it even handles poly aftertouch and MPE! I hope it lasts another 20 years, but I fear one of Microsoft's future updates will pull the plug on it.

Edited by Traveler

• 2 weeks later...