Virharmonic CELLO UPDATE to 1.1.0 & MAY SALE

Larry Shelby

UPDATE 1.1.0

The awaited update to 1.1.0 has arrived for the Bohemian Cello. The update is extensive and can be downloaded from the Pulse Downloader. To update, click on the Update available box that will appear on the Bohemian Cello in Pulse, if you do not see the update button, go into the Pulse settings and click "check for product update" and it will appear.

1.1.0 IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH THE FOLLOWING

MacOS: Big Sur 11, Monterey 12, Ventura 13 & Sonoma 14

Windows 10/11

10/05/2024 - Version 1.1.0:

AAX Apple Silicon Native

Fixed a crash that a Chase function bug could cause in Cubase, Nuendo, Logic

Fixed a crash when editing midi in Logic, Cubase and Nuendo while playing at the same time

Fixed a crash when a sequence of events caused an infinite loop in the performer events

Fixed and replaced some notes with more extreme resonances or overtones that were standing out. Samples went through another review and some were replaced with different takes to further improve consistency and quality of the performer.

Fixed a slow release when going from legatos articulations to short articulations.

Fixed a series of issues in the Reverb states when the product loads from saved projects. Your states will now save always correctly and load always with the correct settings. (Your existing projects will require a removal of the plugin-Resave the Project and once you open it again you can add the Cello and it will always save correctly - this is to remove any redundant information that could be saved in the project from older versions)

Fixed pizzicato in the Cello when playing in Ensemble - Trio and Chamber

Now plays pizzicato in matching tonal range.

Minor improvements to bow changed legato and rebowing.

Fixed a number of other minor bugs.

Sonoma 14.4.1 Activation issue on M1/2/3 & Intel fixed

This new version no longer requires Gorilla Manager (please do not remove Gorilla manager from your system if you use our other libraries until all of your libraries by us are updated to 1.1.0

https://virharmonic.com/collections/performers

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cclarry said:

This new version no longer requires Gorilla Manager (please do not remove Gorilla manager from your system if you use our other libraries until all of your libraries by us are updated to 1.1.0

Great news. I've always whined about Gorilla. This will definitely put the rest of their products on my shopping list.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Fleer said:

A pretty pretty wonderful cello this juan is. 

How does it compare to Tina Guo Cello 1 & 2?

Edited by Bapu

36 minutes ago, Bapu said:

How does it compare to Tina Guo Cello 1 & 2?

Couldn’t be more different. 
Tina’s mighty fine, especially for expressive (and electric). Virharmonic's great for regular cello. 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Fleer said:

A pretty pretty wonderful cello this juan is. 

I sense that you and I share a similar love of the cello, as I read every cello related thread and you seem to own most of them (the Bapu of cello libraries? And shockingly, Bapu doesn't own this -- at least not as of this post; wait a few minutes....). 

I have read a lot of positive posts about this one. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Couldn’t be more different. 
Tina’s mighty fine, especially for expressive (and electric). Virharmonic's great for regular cello. 

I'm digging on Tina right now (wanting to pull the trigger). And her two libs are on Sale for $159, whereas Virharmonics is $136.54 (with my firsttime discount code).

20 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I'm digging on Tina right now (wanting to pull the trigger). And her two libs are on Sale for $159, whereas Virharmonics is $136.54 (with my firsttime discount code).

The Tina bundle is very unique, with its own character sound, somewhat comparable to Embertone’s Joshua Bell violin. 
You of course know that Cinesamples have shifted towards Musio, while promising to continue to service their Kontakt Player versions, but for how long…

Virharmonic OTOH have recently parted with UVI and now use their own (Gorilla) engine. But you don’t need a specific download manager, Pulse Downloader does it all. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bapu said:

Bapu, owning the libs. ;)

Edited by PavlovsCat

Actually I was wrong.  Gorilla is not the problem. Got confused that it was the licence manager, but it isn't. Codemeter is. So I guess they'll stay on the shiet-list for as long as they have that trainwreck slapped on.

On 5/10/2024 at 8:45 PM, Kirean said:

Actually I was wrong.  Gorilla is not the problem. Got confused that it was the licence manager, but it isn't. Codemeter is. So I guess they'll stay on the shiet-list for as long as they have that trainwreck slapped on.

Please explain what Codemaster is and how it affects your purchase decision as it relates to this product.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Please explain what Codemaster is and how it affects your purchase decision as it relates to this product.

Codemeter is the DRM that's apparently there as a default for plugins that are Gorilla based in case the devs don't want to maintain their own licencing procedure.

It's an extremely complicated, bloated and somewhat intrusive software for simply being used to activate the licence for a ~130 buck virtual instrument. No idea how it works on Apple stuff, but on Windows it opens a bunch of services and needlessly runs a local webserver which all you need to nuke down yourself. Just a hassle that does far more than it needs to do.

Best part is that I haven't found a way to actually manage the licence via the software (ie. deactivate for example).

You can find more experiences on VI Control and Gearspace etc.

Edited by Kirean

6 minutes ago, Fleer said:

And if you like (or love, as I do) what the Crow Hill devs (and that lovely Christian Henson) bring to the table, you’ll need CodeMeter. 

https://www.wibu.com/nl/products/codemeter.html

I see it as just another iLok thing. And I wouldn’t want to miss out on EastWest ;)

I don't mind iLok at all. In fact, kinda wish Virharmonic used it like Eastwest does. (In fact, didn't Virharmonic use it before?)

Codemeter just seems like something one might see an energy plant use for their obscure public bathroom waste disposal control software, so that Angelina Jolie and Jonny Lee Miller could hack into it and reverse the process.

My problem lies in that for the end user Codemeter takes an extra effort to teach its place and contain its shenanigans (and how managing a licence through it seems like a chore if not even impossible). Plus having the software start up webservers on your computer is kinda uh, not cool.