Hide notes in muted lanes in Piano Roll View

Currently we have the option to hide notes in muted clips in the Piano Roll View.

I would like to also have the option to also hide notes in muted lanes in the PRV.

Same use case for having the muted clips hidden, just extending that courtesy for when I have an entire TAKE I want to mute, which I do with the Mute button in the lane header.

I seem to repeatedly follow this path:

1. Record a few MIDI takes
  2. Notice that the performance I want to focus on is in a particular one
  3. Mute the other takes
  4. Open the PRV for some note nudgin' and....
  5. Wonder why there are multiple notes stacked upon each other
  6. Flip back to Track View, mute all clips in already muted lanes

Is there any reason not to have the option (option option OPTION) to hide the notes in muted take lanes? I mean other than "no way, bakers shuld use their code hours to write a chord track not protect lamerz, git gud or go home."

• Like 1

On 5/10/2024 at 3:00 PM, sjoens said:

Would it help if the Take Lane MUTE button also muted the clips?

Maybe a modifier key to mute all clips in the lane if you hold alt while clicking the mute button.

It might be better than not having it at all, but there are times when I wouldn't want it to do that, unless it un-muted any that weren't muted before I muted the lane.

Simpler to just be able to hide everything that's muted, whether it be at clip level or lane level.

21 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Simpler to just be able to hide everything that's muted, whether it be at clip level or lane level.

I agree. Keep track/lane/clip muting functions independent, but hide MIDI at whatever level it's muted.

• Like 1