Judge Places Beach Boys’ Brian Wilson in Conservatorship

The music star’s ‘major neurocognitive disorder’ given as reason by a Los Angeles judge for a two-person conservatorship.

A judge found Thursday that Beach Boys founder and music luminary Brian Wilson should be in a court conservatorship to manage his personal and medical decisions because of what his doctor calls a “major neurocognitive disorder”.

At a hearing, Los Angeles superior court judge Gus T May approved the petition filed by the 81-year-old Wilson’s family and inner circle after the death of his wife in January, Melinda Ledbetter Wilson, who handled most of his tasks and affairs.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/article/2024/may/09/beach-boys-brian-wilson-conservatorship

Let's hope these two people have Brian's interests at heart rather than their own.

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)

I was afraid that Brian was going to go into a decline after Melinda passed.

I'm not too worried, the story said that Carnie and Wendy asked for the stipulation that they be consulted on any issues that may arise and it was granted. Considering their childhood, they've always seemed pretty levelheaded for Hollywood kids. Their mom was from a wonderful, loving home.

I'm glad that he has people around to step in.

Shoot, when my time comes, they ain't gonna be nobody around. No siblings, children, nothing. I'm the end of my line.

I'm hoping that we'll be well along the way to the floating brain in a jar thing by then.

Edited by Starship Krupa
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Shoot, when my time comes, they ain't gonna be nobody around. No siblings, children, nothing. I'm the end of my line.

Yep.  Me too!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, pwal³ said:

Both my folks have dementia, fk what it would be like if they were famous, it's crazy and chaotic enough already

My Dad passed over 20 years ago, but my Mom turns 95(!) this Sunday.  Yep, ON Mother's Day!  She's bedridden in a facility and hasn't been very in touch with this reality for about a year now...  I call her every day, but our conversations can leave a lot to be desired! ?

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, craigb said:

My Dad passed over 20 years ago, but my Mom turns 95(!) this Sunday.  Yep, ON Mother's Day!  She's bedridden in a facility and hasn't been very in touch with this reality for about a year now...  I call her every day, but our conversations can leave a lot to be desired! ?

Happy birthday to your mum for Sunday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2024 at 11:22 PM, craigb said:

I'm sorry Craig. That has to be hard on you. 

• Like 1