All Bitwig 50% off- the thread that refused to die :)

ralfrobert

1 hour ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Yes it does. I did it in the past.

Also, sometimes I save them until they has a FREE with purchase or upgrade deal. for example recently...

This offer is eligible to people who purchase a license for Bitwig Studio or Bitwig EDU, as well as those who upgrade from 8-Track or 16-Track and those who renew their Bitwig Studio Plans between March 24 and April 4, 2022. You'll receive XO for free — that's a 129 USD/EUR value. Once you've registered your license, you'll get an email from us with further instructions.

or

We're teaming up with our friends at Baby Audio to bring you a special offer. For a limited time, you get their excellent reverb plug-in Crystalline (worth 99 USD/EUR) free when buying the full version of Bitwig Studio, upgrading from a lower edition, or renewing your Bitwig Studio Upgrade Plan. (sept 2023)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Same here. Never liked Ableton’s graphics. Instantly loved Bitwig’s. I’m a graphical musician, sue me. 

I'm the opposite.   Bitwig's GUI doesn't inspire me to use it despite all of the free 8 track versions I've installed.  I rarely crack it open

• Like 1

About the tastes, the colors, I prefer the FL Studio with free updates for life, although I must admit and be consistent in admitting that Bitwig is great and very easy and fun to use.

• Like 1

Gui wise i still think S1 is the king  .... refined ....Bitwig reminds me sonar back then lol  some great stuff and some stuff unbelievable , like not track templates  ? or audio track gain (have to use the tool lol )

For track templates if you have fx  , you can save as fx prest the track , but not ALL TYPE ? I WANTED TO SAVE A FOLDER OF TRACKS ?

So i create a project tempalte with tracks i use usually and drag and drop form there to the current project , it works lol 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Guyz is the a way to map for exemple my minilogue xd to parametters to diva ... and use more than 8 knobs !! Without hav8ng to change device pages ...

this is something that is killing me , i robbed bitwig for pure production stage , and want to realise my next album on it ... mixing will be on S1 probably but this is a workflow killer ( and the lack of’ mouse scroll on paramter , my mouse moves is concstrainte bewteen a keyboards and my syntakt lol

Edited by Zo

Answer from bitwig

Hi, 

You can indeed buy an Upgrade Plan for later, just select "purchase as a gift". 

Best regards,

• Like 1

To be fair to Bitwig, all the questions that have been asked here are clearly answered in their FAQ:

Will my license be automatically registered after purchase? (Link)

As of November 2022, your license is automatically registered in your Bitwig account after purchasing via the Bitwig webshop.

If you don't have a Bitwig account, you'll be asked to create an account (or log in to an existing one) after the purchase is completed. After doing so, your license is automatically registered.

If you don't wish to automatically register your purchased license, tick the gift option in the cart. With this option enabled, the license information will be sent via e-mail to the person you wish to give the license to.

Bitwig Studio EDU and tutorial licenses aren’t registered automatically.

How does the 12-month Upgrade Plan work? (Link)

All Bitwig Studio (and Bitwig Studio Essentials and Producer) licenses include a 12-month Upgrade Plan. This means that any new version released within 12 months of your registration will be available to you, free of charge.

When your Upgrade Plan expires, your license will continue to work with the latest version of Bitwig Studio that you received. You can renew your Upgrade Plan at any time to resume getting new updates for another 12 months — or renew your Upgrade Plan ahead of time (extending your expiration date by 12 months) to always be up to date.

1 minute ago, Zo said:

Is  50 % on upgrade comes often or once every anniversary ?

That was by far the biggest sale on Bitwig AFAIK. I wouldn't get my hopes up to see such a sale again in the near future, but who knows? Maybe the Bitwig team will see this sale as a huge success and do it more often.

I don't think that these anniversary sales have been a real success, I think the opposite is the product of the very bad sale before their lousy system of paid updates and see the constant success of the free updates offered by their competitor FL Studio...

5 minutes ago, JT music said:

I don't think that these anniversary sales have been a real success, I think the opposite is the product of the very bad sale before their lousy system of paid updates and see the constant success of the free updates offered by their competitor FL Studio...

I think that's the thing that keeps me on my toes. It's easier to stomach paying for major version updates (ie. 6.0 to 7.0) rather than pay for 12 months of updates during which you might see some substantial changes/additions or you might not.

10 hours ago, JT music said:

Ummm...ok?

13 hours ago, Kirean said:

I think that's the thing that keeps me on my toes. It's easier to stomach paying for major version updates (ie. 6.0 to 7.0) rather than pay for 12 months of updates during which you might see some substantial changes/additions or you might not.

Cakewalk and Finale use to do the same but call it a new version.

Meanwhile Ableton is still updating Live 11.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Cakewalk and Finale use to do the same but call it a new version.

Meanwhile Ableton is still updating Live 11.

Good for Ableton. Then again, I do wonder if it has also to do with the fact that Live 12 doesn't work on all older systems, so quite a few people might be stuck on 11.

12 hours ago, Kirean said:

Good for Ableton. Then again, I do wonder if it has also to do with the fact that Live 12 doesn't work on all older systems, so quite a few people might be stuck on 11.

They also made there new synth available in Live 11.

I have one system 12 wont run on because of the CPU.

I guess what that teaches you that so many DAW upgrades are not earth shattering and it's not the end of the world no being current. 

• Thanks 1

Exact , but cocnerning some daws , crucial feautures i'm waiting and are instant upgrade :

In bitwig

1) Ability to map more that 8 parameters and once one a controller !!! (ability to control one parmateer on one page and the other on another page ) !!!!!!!

2) Retrosepct recording (all daws have it now !!!)

3) Shortcut to hide all last openeed  windows and unhide those (actually it s possible only on selected device ... so one by one !!! fuk) 

4) FX on monitoring section !!!

5) Ability to hide some Sends possible fx routing (if i create a template with 10 fx busses but only use 3 , i wanna see only 3 on channels !!

6) Input quantize setting : per tracks !!! 

Just a few that arleady got on my nerves ...lol  and the more i will go on serious work the more i know i'm gonna start being pissed off lol