Crash dmps from Cakewalk by Bandlab

I think sending in a batch of crash dumps will be pretty pointless, unless you can relate each dump to a specific crash and document the exact steps you went through to get them.

For me, I never know when they are going to happen and can’t think of the exact thing that caused them. One funny one I get is - I leave the project open, go to bed, wake up turn on the screen pow. It happened in my sleep. I am guessing it may have to do with auto save. This has happened a few times. I sent in a couple of current ones for bandlab. I also sent in 6 for Sonar. Most of my projects are on the larger size. That is where things get crazy. I try to bounce soft synths to keep the project viable., but near complication things start getting odd. 

4 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

For me, I never know when they are going to happen and can’t think of the exact thing that caused them. One funny one I get is - I leave the project open, go to bed, wake up turn on the screen pow. It happened in my sleep. I am guessing it may have to do with auto save. This has happened a few times. I sent in a couple of current ones for bandlab. I also sent in 6 for Sonar. Most of my projects are on the larger size. That is where things get crazy. I try to bounce soft synths to keep the project viable., but near complication things start getting odd. 

Is something else (apart from you) going to sleep maybe?

I've sent in a bunch since Sonar came out. I also had sent in a bunch for CbB back in November that were TTS-1 related. I just recently learned how to open and read the dump files using WinDmp.  So far all the Sonar crashes just say "Sonar exe" even though each one happened differently. 

Interestingly I complained that you couldn't attach the files at first in the new reporting via the help menu. They seemed to have fixed that now and you so you can.  it's a lot easier to submit a crash report now.  

But you never really find out what happened because they don't  get back to you later. They do get back to you right away with more questions.. 

I made a video on how to look at the crash dump files for others reading this who might not have discovered this valuable tool. 

Ok, I read the learn.Microsoft.com doc on this. I am pretty geeky, but I don’t think I an that geeky 🤔. Which functions would you recommend I study more in windbg? What could this do for me?

John - Yes! They get back with me. 1st with an automated computerized email which is basically worthless. Sometimes I think even a second computer generated email is sent. By the time all of this is done I’ve almost forgotten what the problem was to begin with. I guess they are working as fast as they can. 

@Max Arwood

I demo how to read the files in the video. I’m a totally newbie at using it but all I need from it is what actually generated the crash. 

And because I never heard back from them this is what I do. I even have been using it with other DAWs I was testing as well as Vegas pro. 

Your right about the auto generated answers. And then sometimes a real person will ask for a screen capture or something else. 
I actually had OBS open on my second monitor when all of sudden got the blue circle of death and I managed to capture the crash. That was a fluke. 

• Like 1