Multiple intruments controled by only 1 midi track?

Hi.

I just got the Joel Blanco Berg brass (great instruments to have if you have Phaseplant).

These are solo patches, some of which are designed to create ensembles.

So I wanted to create a brass ensemble by opening several Phaseplant sessions while telling myself that I could control these with just a single midi track, but well no, I haven't found how to do that like in this video:

So is it me who doesn't know how to do it, or is it only possible by duplicating the track X times?

I tried an alternative using the Reason Rack's midi out option.

So I created a Reason track with several midi out racks with different channels.

I configured the midi channels of my Phaseplant tracks accordingly while defining that the midi controller for the input of these tracks was Reason.

I understood that for this to work you had to have the input echo button activated on Phaseplant.

It works this way, but another problem arose, I can only control the modulation and pitch bend on channel 1.

I think that for this second problem, only a Reason expert could help me.

Help please!

• Great Idea 1

• 2 months later...

This is only possible with the use of 3rd-party plug-ins (I can't remember which ones, but there are free ones that will let you accomplish the task). Maybe some aggressive use of the search function would turn it up. The person who told me about it was @scook, if that helps.

It's a feature that I have long requested.

• Like 1

a number of plugins can passthrough the MIDI and those can be selected in inputs across multiple tracks. Kontakt, Polysher, etc. if the synth is enabled to passthough MIDI "Enable MIDI output if available".

for myself - i prefer separate MIDI clips so i can tweak them independently.

Edited by Glenn Stanton
  • Like 1