​🗑️​Bapu's Random Thoughts For The Day

Bapu

Do you know what the difference is between being smart and being wise?

A smart person knows a pineapple is not an apple, but a wise person knows it doesn't belong on a pizza!

😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't understand why upgrading to W 11 deletes perfectly usable Microsoft programs from the computer.
I have this DVD made from a videotape which was made from 8 mm film of our time in Hawaii in the late '50s. I had added some Hawaiian music to it a few years ago, but recently my brother Steve said he had never seen it. So I was going to edit it a little bit and put it on Youtube.
The $90 reconditioned computer I bought a while ago has no video editing software at all. It also couldn't play it. I downloaded an app to convert the format so it could be played.
I planned on doing the editing on this laptop which was upgraded. Guess what? No video editing apps at all. It had Microsoft Movie Maker before the upgrade, now nothing. They want me to make an account, sign in and download their new program, Clip Champ. I don't even like the name.
My ancient XP laptop has MS Movie Maker! Plugged it in. It's apparently too old to recognize the MP4 format.
Curses! Foiled again.

TL/DR version: 21st century problems.