Cakewalk Sonar Backstage Pass BETA Updated to 2024.4

cclarry

7 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I actually wouldn't be worried about it very much at all if it wasn't for the short and now quirky mandatory re authorization that we have seen over the past year or so 

This.

Two weeks between each authorisation and the next nag screen/threat of deactivation is certainly suggestive of a fair amount of backtracking on initial statements made by bandlab.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CSistine said:

The monthly re-authorization definitely changed my mind! I've dropped CbB, use Platinum now! With 3 PCs (2 offline) this is too much hassle, eating up a precious resource: time!

So 18 led to 27 for you. It does seem like 18 is making it hard for some people to 33.

But 13 and 25, IMO.

16, right? 😃

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, paulo said:

Two weeks between each authorisation and the next nag screen/threat of deactivation is certainly suggestive of a fair amount of backtracking on initial statements made by bandlab.

So for you, 18>33. Whatever. 16. 53.

Edited by Starship Krupa

Posted (edited)

Since it's statistically unlikely that anyone (including me) will have anything new to say on this subject, I came up with a numbering system to save typing and space.

The idea is that whenever we feel like we need to say something on the topic, we can just look it up and then post the number that corresponds to what we're bursting to share.

In the unlikely event that someone was interested in what I was saying, they could look up the numbers, but it's really not necessary. The important thing is that I register my agreement or disagreement with what is being said. I already know I'm not going to change anyone's mind, I figured that out in the first month or two. But it's the internet, so I must have my say whether anyone cares or not.

Methodology: after analyzing the dozens of earlier topics, and with input from others who pointed out some that I missed, there are basically 2 topics (either B. "it's been a long time since they said anything" or A. "they said something without giving the price and licensing model"), and 55 statements that just get repeated over and over. For instance, this topic is B because it's about how an announcement was made that didn't include the price or even the future offering of, perpetual licenses for Sonar. Simple!

Edited by Starship Krupa
  • Confused 1