OsTIrus -- FREE Virus Ti Emulator By The Usual Suspects

locrian

Ok, I don't use illegal softwares but if someone did emulator I only want to know how to use it but If ROM from Virus TI could have only user who bought hardware , I understand it ? and don't want to find a way to use it .

On 4/23/2024 at 11:24 PM, locrian said:

However, you do have to provide a legally acquired Virus Ti firmware file to make the most of it

What does "make the most of it" mean? Is the soft synth completely useless if I don't have the firmware file? Is the firmware file required to have presets and without it I'd just have to create my own?

5 hours ago, audioschmaudio said:

What does "make the most of it" mean? Is the soft synth completely useless if I don't have the firmware file? Is the firmware file required to have presets and without it I'd just have to create my own?

To use it 

• Like 1

Any owner of hardware access can download both the Rom and the virtual player from the official website, I don't find sense to this open source emulator, for whom is it aimed.? ?

1 hour ago, JT music said:

Any owner of hardware access can download both the Rom and the virtual player from the official website, I don't find sense to this open source emulator, for whom is it aimed.? ?

The Virus line is discontinued and the software no longer updated for newer OSs. This open source project is intended to ensure it isn't lost to history.

It's for owners of Viruses who wish to continue using their purchased product in the future. It also allows the TI (True Integration) that never really worked well or completely. Now as a VST plugin it does.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2024 at 8:37 PM, JT music said:

The virtual player cannot run without hardware plugged even it have the firmware bundled installed on pc. It's only a controller for hardware... I own this.. so it's also aimed for those wanting portability like a person that uses notebook and can't make music while travelling with a virus plugged on the note... or have a registered broken virus that can't use anymore...

6 hours ago, Silvio Justo said:

The virtual player cannot run without hardware plugged even it have the firmware bundled installed on pc. It's only a controller for hardware... I own this.. so it's also aimed for those wanting portability like a person that uses notebook and can't make music while travelling with a virus plugged on the note... or have a registered broken virus that can't use anymore...

Virtual player ?

58 minutes ago, Donovan Lewis said:

I wish I could download the firmware, but the site is dead. It doesn't exist anymore. It sucks because I was able to access it a few weeks ago.

Not dead...

"The Access Virus website is currently offline for security reasons."

?

55 minutes ago, Lionel said:

You have to sign up to download. Plus, you need to give them your serial # to prove ownership.

Hmmm, sign up yes, nothing to prove... I've just downloaded the installation package again... Working like a charm ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zoukiman said:

Hmmm, sign up yes, nothing to prove... I've just downloaded the installation package again... Working like a charm ?

Got it. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Next one is coming!

"We’re excited to show off the early progress that has been made with our latest emulation, Nodal Red 2X, which brings back to life the Nord Lead 2X in all its bright red glory!"

• Like 5