Earth Rising - song #9

amiller

Reminded me of the coolness of early Genesis, Peter Gabriel. I had fun trying to guess what was coming next, and had fun giving up! Very inventive all the way through.

I listened on headphones but there was puh-lenty of bass guitar. I wonder what people on proper listening systems will think? And the drums could somehow come up a bit, but it's a busy mix with that synth pad and the wonderful guitars.

By the way, really cool guitar tones. I liked those chromatic drop-downs a lot.

The outtro has a cool honky-tonk vibe, nice touch there.

cheers,

-Tom

Edited by emeraldsoul
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, emeraldsoul said:

Reminded me of the coolness of early Genesis, Peter Gabriel. I had fun trying to guess what was coming next, and had fun giving up! Very inventive all the way through.

Sounds OK on my cans but would agree with Tom, a little less bass and definitely drums to come up a notch. Oh and +1 to the Genesis vibe (I could hear nods to both The Knife and Trespass - intended or otherwise).

Love your stuff and this is another belter

Andy

18 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

I listened on headphones but there was puh-lenty of bass guitar. I wonder what people on proper listening systems will think? And the drums could somehow come up a bit, but it's a busy mix with that synth pad and the wonderful guitars.

By the way, really cool guitar tones. I liked those chromatic drop-downs a lot.

The outtro has a cool honky-tonk vibe, nice touch there.

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.  I appreciate the kind words and the critique.  Yes, the bass is a tad hot and needs to come down a bit.  I'm going to lower the bass a bit and then see how the drums and other instruments sit in the mix.

On 10/20/2019 at 5:01 PM, Andrew Ball said:

Sounds OK on my cans but would agree with Tom, a little less bass and definitely drums to come up a notch. Oh and +1 to the Genesis vibe (I could hear nods to both The Knife and Trespass - intended or otherwise).

Love your stuff and this is another belter

Andy

Hey Andy, thanks for listening and critiquing...'very much appreciated.

On 10/20/2019 at 6:53 PM, bjornpdx said:

amiller
A busy mix but it works. The change-ups surprised me and that's a good thing. And again, great guitar work.

I've always been a fan of change-ups and surprises.  Thanks for listening and the kind words.

On 10/20/2019 at 8:29 PM, Johnbee58 said:

Journey indeed.  Sounds like you put an incredible amount of planning into this.  I enjoyed the journey.

❤️John B

Thanks John for the kind words.  I enjoyed the journey of putting this together.?

On 10/21/2019 at 10:15 AM, daryl1968 said:

wow - those guitars sound immense.  Basslines are also nicely played and inventive.

Another +1 for the drums coming up in the mix.

Excellent, creative work.

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.  Thank you for the kind words and critique.?

On 10/21/2019 at 11:34 AM, Douglas Kirby said:

I really enjoyed the listen on this one - the guitars sounded great - impressive playing. Made me think a bit of Steve Vai.

I liked that ending - creative.

Hey Douglas I really appreciate the positive feedback.  I had the Beatles and Zep in mind when I put the ending together.?