HOW WILL I CARRY ON

Supa Reels

5 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Steve, you really know how to hit the emotions with your voice, lyrics and delivery. Very well done (again). Enjoyed it a lot.
-Bjorn

Hi Bjorn'

Thankyou for your comments, I am going through a bit " fed up with this music thing '  at the moment so your comment really cheered me up  ?

Stay well

Steve

8 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

This song made me feel sad but optimistic, especially knowing that when I'm feeling down I can seek out some real super supa reels, and remember al the cool things about my life.

What a wonderful comment, you really touched me  .... thanks Jesse

Steve

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2024 at 5:09 AM, hsmusic said:

Paul Simon quality

Yep, gotta agree there. Very Simonesque!

?'s ?

t

Welcome to the TT eco system, I've listed links to the TT midi six packs below; by far the best "value".

Drum Midi Six Pack
EXKeys Midi Six Pack
EZBass Midi Six Pack

The only thing I haven't found is a good tutorial on using TT's "Drop Zone".
Dropping midi into Bandmate generally  returns pretty good results and is pretty EZ (see what i did there?)

Edited by DeeringAmps
  • Like 1

On 5/23/2024 at 3:15 PM, DeeringAmps said:

Yep, gotta agree there. Very Simonesque!

?'s ?

t

Welcome to the TT eco system, I've listed links to the TT midi six packs below; by far the best "value".

Drum Midi Six Pack
EXKeys Midi Six Pack
EZBass Midi Six Pack

The only thing I haven't found is a good tutorial on using TT's "Drop Zone".
Dropping midi into Bandmate generally  returns pretty good results and is pretty EZ (see what i did there?)

Thanks t  .. Been listening to your work on SC ( 6 107x ) you are a blinding guitarist ... made me sing rock all day LOL ..

Steve

• Like 1

I really liked this one steve! I agree with the Paul Simon comment, you can hear the influence but this is definitely all your own. Very nice hook in the chorus with the how can I carry on line, very catchy. I have only listened to it on my phone but I'll give it a listen on my headphones later. The piano parts sound good, did you use ez keys sounds or route the midi to another synth?

I might have to check out ez keys, I'm desperate for a decent piano player sometimes. I'm having a hard enough time just wrestling with guitar .  I have scaler2 which has helped quite a bit but for some reason none of the patterns ever seem to fit what I'm trying to do. How does ez keys stack up to that?

Thanks for posting this!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kevin Walsh said:

I really liked this one steve! I agree with the Paul Simon comment, you can hear the influence but this is definitely all your own. Very nice hook in the chorus with the how can I carry on line, very catchy. I have only listened to it on my phone but I'll give it a listen on my headphones later. The piano parts sound good, did you use ez keys sounds or route the midi to another synth?

I might have to check out ez keys, I'm desperate for a decent piano player sometimes. I'm having a hard enough time just wrestling with guitar .  I have scaler2 which has helped quite a bit but for some reason none of the patterns ever seem to fit what I'm trying to do. How does ez keys stack up to that?

Thanks for posting this!

Hi Kevin,

First off EZKeys2 is a monster to learn properly so you have to spend some time getting the hang of .. like so many plugs out there. Lynn switched me onto it some time ago and, like you I wanted a piano player for my songs ( Although the wife nearly divorced me, due to the cost !) With all these plugs that claim to get you going with a song the patterns ( MIDI files ) can be a bit laborious for the user to find ... and this is no different, but the save in grace is the ability to purchase different MIDI packs of various styles ... at a cost!

I find the software very useful and feel I could recommend it. It is possible, and this is the cherry, to send MIDI out using the patterns you have available to control other completely different instruments ... great toy to play with and it gives you different ways to hear, say a bass or midi guitar etc. I think you have a choice of two packs when you but it, which as said, can be added to later.

The sound of piano is EZKeys although I feel NI's piano very useful ... just down to taste really.

Overall I have found it troublesome to pick due to my impatient nature but there are some very useful YT Vid .. try shootie school.

Hope this helps  ... Oh and thanks for the comments mate .. it does mean a lot ?

ATB

Steve