New plugin and installer for Boz Digital pianos

BTP

Boz Digital Labs has released a new plugin and a new installer for their pianos.

It's called Master Keys and it's one plugin that allows you to change the piano within the plugin.

https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/

https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/my-account/downloads/

I got a lot crackling noises with the previous plugin. Hopefully this new one fixes that problem. I've tested it a bit and so far so good but the previous one also worked sometimes, and the next time you opened the plugin the crackling came back.

Edited by BTP
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The New York pianos have been updated to 2.0.1.

Run the Master Keys installer to update.

I've tested this new plugin a bit more now and it doesn't seem to crackle at all.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

That installer is a mess...if you want to install a piano make sure you do NOT select "Install Plugin"
because selecting that will bypass installing the piano and only install the plugin.  Make sure
"Install Plugin" is NOT selected and then go to the next page and insert your user name and
Piano Serial # and then it will install properly

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I don't mind installers, but... Why this?

image.png.de63331785cd682e26cc26e61f40ce1f.png

Why do I have to prove to a robot that I am not a robot? What if I am deaf? Or visually impaired? Or don't understand the difference between cars and trucks? Does any of this make me a robot? Stupidest thing I have ever seen on the Internet, and I've seen a lot.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Kirean said:

Unbelievable how one can screw up an installer in the  year of 2024.

It's not like installers and good practices are exactly a recent development.

It's a testament to the direction of development these days.  If these things are part of reducing piracy I'd say it probably promotes it.  I get it if you are Waves,NI, or IK who sells huge bundles.    I like direct downloads and will probably only support developers do that.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

I don't mind installers, but... Why this?

image.png.de63331785cd682e26cc26e61f40ce1f.png

Why do I have to prove to a robot that I am not a robot? What if I am deaf? Or visually impaired? Or don't understand the difference between cars and trucks? Does any of this make me a robot? Stupidest thing I have ever seen on the Internet, and I've seen a lot.

Whoever created that I just want to beat them up. The stupid part is the headphones icon but what about the visually impaired and can these be enlarged.  Once again we are entering the age of pointless development.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

They're annoying, but they're better than their predecessor where you had to guess what some mangled letters and numbers were.

I'm guessing you already know. But for everyone else, they help* with preventing brute-force password hacking attempts by adding an additional layer so you can't just write a script to send a series of login requests with different passwords until one succeeds.

If someone is visually impaired, I suspect the headphones icon gives an audio alternative; I've tried it with the mangled character ones (where I couldn't recognise the characters), but not this generation of reCaptcha.

It looks like its possible to set the language for reCaptcha tests as a Website author; I suspect this is/should be part of website localisation.

* apparently AI can do these reCaptcha now, so there may be even more annoying challenges in the future.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

It's a testament to the direction of development these days.  If these things are part of reducing piracy I'd say it probably promotes it.  I get it if you are Waves,NI, or IK who sells huge bundles.    I like direct downloads and will probably only support developers do that.

I'm not against installers per se. But installers have been around for a looong time and they never, ever, should need a degree in nuclear physics to figure out what the internal logic is just to install the product that one just bought.

Like, whatever happened to this simple stuff:

image.png.d6fb9f325fb57b2f684590cb7b4c8f8c.png

Guess I should check it out myself before ranting too much though... 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

4 hours ago, antler said:

They're annoying, but they're better than their predecessor where you had to guess what some mangled letters and numbers were.

I'm guessing you already know. But for everyone else, they help* with preventing brute-force password hacking attempts by adding an additional layer so you can't just write a script to send a series of login requests with different passwords until one succeeds.

If someone is visually impaired, I suspect the headphones icon gives an audio alternative; I've tried it with the mangled character ones (where I couldn't recognise the characters), but not this generation of reCaptcha.

It looks like its possible to set the language for reCaptcha tests as a Website author; I suspect this is/should be part of website localisation.

* apparently AI can do these reCaptcha now, so there may be even more annoying challenges in the future.

The sad thing is that the same folk (engineers), that create nowadays a lot of such security stuff and force you to do endless security updates, are the ones that created a lot of unnecessary backdoors in the internet with "cool" features and language extentions!

Now it's the same thing with extended, unnecessary usage of internet access in music software and plugins (authorization, documentation, automatic update checking, home page access ...). IMHO it should be forbidden, that plugins use internet access! This causes a lot of holes in the security of our systems for almost no benefit! The more plugin developers use it, the more bad code will be available for hackers!