Fragile

treesha

21 hours ago, Mike Stier said:

Such an interesting song. I love how much the bass led the song, and it kept my attention throughout since I never quite knew where we were going. Well done.

Hi Mike, thank you for listening and I appreciate your comment very much. I too  was intrigued by how the bass turned out and I think its my favorite part of the song. I chuckled at you not knowing where we were going, ty for coming along. Nice to know you think its a well done interesting song, very encouraging feedback. Happy new year

Hey Treesha . . . really thought this was sonically and lyrically fabulous all the way through ! Musically, there is this interesting pulsating feel as it evolves, and a lot of interesting textures and sounds you've presented along the way.

The last part lyrics really jumped out for me, excellent way to wrap up the theme . . . very well conceived I think . . .

"I’m too fragile like a ghost on a cloud, I’m too fragile icicle in the sun, No port in the storm, I’m too fragile a whisper in the wind"

. . . most impressive !

Bruce

• Thanks 1

Really good arrangement and mix, but you didn't use your EB0 bass ?. Really though the SI bass sounds great.

The beginning hooks you in, the solo keyboard synth sound, then the bass comes in, then the drums - really good I think.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, noynekker said:

Hey Treesha . . . really thought this was sonically and lyrically fabulous all the way through ! Musically, there is this interesting pulsating feel as it evolves, and a lot of interesting textures and sounds you've presented along the way.

The last part lyrics really jumped out for me, excellent way to wrap up the theme . . . very well conceived I think . . .

"I’m too fragile like a ghost on a cloud, I’m too fragile icicle in the sun, No port in the storm, I’m too fragile a whisper in the wind"

. . . most impressive !

Bruce

Hi Bruce, thank you for listening and your  very much appreciated comment ! I have written a lot of poetry in my life so sometimes that seeps into lyrics I think. I'm glad to know you appreciated the lyrics as well as the other things you enjoyed about the song. I do like a beat even when the subject matter might not be equally bouncy. I am encouraged by your calling  it fabulous and all the other affirming descriptive things you said! Thank you again

14 hours ago, bmarlowe said:

Really good arrangement and mix, but you didn't use your EB0 bass ?. Really though the SI bass sounds great.

The beginning hooks you in, the solo keyboard synth sound, then the bass comes in, then the drums - really good I think.

Hi bmarlowe, Thank you for listening and for your feedback. My EBO is wonderful but needs some work. Meanwhile I started using vst bass and meanwhile I started liking using vst bass. With the EBO I would have to spend time in Melodyne fixing intonations and it has such a dark sound that I love playing and feeling, but can be hard to brighten it up in a song. I am surprised how much I go to the SI bass vs some of the other bass vst I have but like you I think it sounds great to my ears. I usually put bass professor II on my bass track to bring in some highs as I usually start liking something very low. Thanks for describing how you responded to the song as you began listening. I wanted to do an interesting beginning for this one and its good to know it hooked you in.  I appreciate your comment!