Delete - Duplicate

Kirean

https://goodhertz.com/loudness/

I once asked Bob Clearmountain how he got a certain drum sound. He shrugged. “I just moved the faders until it sounded right.”

An unsatisfying answer. Surely there had to be some secret sauce, some special compressor, gate, some unobtainable piece of gear that separated my drum sounds from his. “What about the snare mic?” I asked, thinking it had to have been something vintage and/or German. “SM57, probably,” he replied. Ugh… nothing! I thought.

Years later, I fully understood his answer and what is a fundamental truth about mixing: the most important mixing tool is the lowly volume fader. Volume, gain, loudness — whatever you call it, it’s the bedrock of any mix. And even though every DAW has “faders,” sometimes you need something better — something more powerful, more flexible, more helpful…

— Devin Kerr, Ghz CEO

Enter: Loudness. The Goodhertz plugin for making things louder — and quieter — with confidence & ease.

It’s our upgrade to the lowly fader, and it’s part of the Goodhertz Free Series. (Translation: it is now and always will be free!)

Edited by Kirean

• Kirean changed the title to Delete - Duplicate