My M Audio monitors died on me yesterday .

kennywtelejazz

15 hours ago, Sheens said:

I use a JVC Boombox nowadays (and Audio Technica M40X headphone)...around 350 bucks alltogether.

The JVC has a guitar input, line input, CD, USB, Radio etc  remote control

Quite solid, approx 28 inch wide, big heavy thing.

Front speakers are 4 inch, side (bass) speakers are 6 inch.

To me the thing sounds not bad at all..

91-XM-22-XUGL.jpg

meme-jpg.1156217

Kenny

• Haha 3

I'm still figuring out what to do over here when it comes to finding a set of monitors . .

I don't dare plug in my amp or play my acoustic guitar since  Apt living has really cramped my style when it comes to my music in general

After years of trying ,  I learned how to read lips.  Now I'm able to watch TV Late at night  and understand what the show is about .?

I'll be back to run some brands and specs here once I do a little more research and figure out a budget .

all the best ,

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

for TV late at night, would switch to headphones (if possible)

Audio Technica M40, pleasant, warm/yet open sound, massive bang4buck.

regret selling my Sony MDRXB500 (I am stupid), not the most detailed sound/stage, but the fit/feel wearing them...

most comfortable headphones ever

no longer in production.

sony-mdrxb500.jpg

Edited by Sheens
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Sheens said:

for TV late at night, would switch to headphones (if possible)

Audio Technica M40, pleasant, warm/yet open sound, massive bang4buck.

regret selling my Sony MDRXB500 (I am stupid), not the most detailed sound/stage, but the fit/feel wearing them...

most comfortable headphones ever

no longer in production.

sony-mdrxb500.jpg

Holy crap!  It's like someone had the idea to attach two soft pillows for each ear! ?

Brilliant! ?

Oh My  ! here we go again   ?Apparently he is so talented as an accompanist he can make Polar Opposites sound "pretty good" 

(In this case  I'm using  the words pretty good metaphorically )

Madam please don't  call me Roy ! My name is Matthew Quigley !

9ac9943ac9acc6539c78dcc2d948bb7e.jpg&f=1

Talk about an attempt at the impossible sounding good  ..... He may of actually did her a little bit of justice ...if you can call it that

Last but not least ..some fast talking auctioneer cowboys .This one seems like it could be a cool genre in real life . All 3 have killer rhythm  chops .

I didn't forget about getting replacement monitors . In a few weeks when my money frees up  I hope to resume my search .

In the mean time I can use a good laugh .

Can you ?

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Haha 1

I still have mine. Studiophile SP-B5. One of the first piece of gear I bought after my M Audio Delta 44 in 2001.  Everything in my little home studio was M Audio - audio interface, MIDI keyboard, preamp, Trigger Finger (drum pad controller), monitors... Everything was solid, except the Trigger Finger - that one never worked properly. I think I still have a little USB audio interface that I used with my portable rig in 2011-12, somewhere in storage.

I was also quite happy to be able to get a native version of Pro Tools after Avid bought M Audio. A huge plus for me.

I tested the Studiophiles for the first time in over a decade last year. They still work fine. The little pop sound they make when powered up brought me right back. I wrote and "mixed" so many songs on these. Only issue I ever had with them was a blown fuse just a few weeks after I bought them. They were rock solid ever afterwards.

They hold lamps and tchotchkes quite well, too.

IMG_5978.thumb.jpg.1d476d8713c7fb2560b6e32f87deafe0.jpg

Edited by Rain
  • Like 1

Woah ! after hearing E.T. the Walrus ! I wonder if I should  also consider adding a subwoofer xD

E.T.  ain't got much in the looks department so we can forget about spandex and jewelry .Yet he certainly has the right voice for Death Metal ?

I would love to hear what the other guitar player would play with E.T.  :P

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1