Bandlab Assistent Update 5.0.6

mkerl

On 8/29/2019 at 3:08 PM, mkerl said:

IF you don't run BA at Windows-Startup automatically:

Bandlab Assistant Update 5.0.6. is available. And it works (at least on my system ;) )

greez

5.0.6 works fine here... Don't use BA on startup, so had to launch the assistant which issued an update notification, but on selecting update, presumably a self update, it failed, followed by an instruction to download BA (bandlab-assistant-windows-latest.exe) and  manually install via the exe, which is ok... Just remember to run as Administrator. 

Was this your experience,  or was this just a glitch going from 5.0.4 (which was my initial BA install) to 5.06, if anyone knows??  

Edited by Tez

1 hour ago, pwalpwal said:

no idea for sure, just speculating... but for example, if it did rely on some dll installed by chrome, that wasn't up to date (eg, user not letting chrome auto-update) with the latest bla requirement (that uses the lastest version of that dll), one might experience such odd issues

btw, if you don't use chrome, uninstall it, it's just a data-mining tool, no reason to have unless you want to share your data with google

I see what you're thinking. Could be.

Honestly I installed chrome only to checkout bandlab. Which seems very cool though I don't use it. Not enough hours in my day...

5 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

is there no log file that might give a clue as to why? for an "on-line" company this seems a bit amateurish...

The key entries I found at the update time were:

[2019-08-31 15:21:29.029] [info] Checking for update
[2019-08-31 15:21:29.121] [error] Error: TypeError: this.app.whenReady is not a function

the rest in the log I looked at is code entry points (+ corresponding personal info) ...

Personally I happy to download the exe & run it manually,  that's 99.9% likely to work, if it's predecessor had no problem, rather than rely on auto-update code to do the job, and going forward that's just what I might do... ?