80% off Air Music Tech Solina and Mellotron, now $19.99 each instead of $99:

Larry Shelby

Okay, someone talk me down or tell me that AIR's Mellotron plugin is fantastic. Like many AIR users, I had some really bad experiences (I had to roll back Windows on a machine) with AIR synths a couple of years ago with problems AIR knew about but didn't fix for several months. Consequently, I do look at InMusic plugins as a less than great choice since then (plus, I've read forum posts from BFD3 owners and all the problems that has had over a ridiculously long period of time).  

Even so, my brain is now pushing that terrible experience, common sense and logic aside because -- I am a sucker for all things Tron (including Chamberlin) and this is only twenty bucks (USD, that is). I have a number of of Tron plugins, including M-Tron Pro (which is excellent), Mello (UVI), SampleTron (version 1) and a lot of Tron sample libraries. I'd love to hear the opinions of anyone here who owns AIR's Mellotron and what they think are its strengths and weaknesses. 

2 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

There's a 10 day trial version at AIR's site. But I found this video with a YouTuber walking through some patches:

Do note that the video is for Arturia's instrument and not AIR's.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Kirean said:

Do note that the video is for Arturia's instrument and not AIR's.

Oh man, I was going through a bunch of videos that came up on a YouTube search and watched that entire video (okay, listened while I was multi-tasking and never realized that us actually the Arturia's Mellotron)! Of course,  if any Arturia plugin was 20 bucks, I'd buy it in a heartbeat! 

I'll fix my post above. Thanks for catching that. 

Edited by PavlovsCat