Listening to this now

Mesh

7 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

She looks too cute and young to be able to play bass that well. Quite a talented lady!

Check her out with Jeff Beck,  Live at Ronnie Scotts (I think Wibbles posted a video from that).  Sometimes she gets so in the zone that Jeff can't help but just watch and smile. ?

9 hours ago, Pragi said:

Right, but I haven´t found a video playing him this song live.

Wonna see playing  Tal Wilkenfeld live ?

I knew she had begun opening for the Who with some solo work, but this is the first time I've seen (or heard) her singing her own stuff.  Me likey! ?

On 4/15/2020 at 1:45 PM, Notes_Norton said:

Bei Mir Bist Du Schön - The Andrews Sisters.

When I was a tot and my mom played this record, I thought they were singing "My Dear Mister Shane."

Their songs are definitely dated, but the Andrews Sisters were phenomenally good at what they did. Their consonants are pronounced so exactly together that it sounds like one singer with multiple voices. Even their vibratos are often in sync. Harmonies are good and intonation is excellent. Plus there is a lot of playful expression. I think these gals are the all-time best of that genre of music.

Good stuff. Anyone who enjoys this kind of close harmony singing should do themselves a favor and check out the Boswell Sisters, if you haven't already heard them. They got that swing!

Edited by henkejs
  • Like 1

I never heard of this guy until today. He's a great performer and a fine musician as well. His crowd involvement is great as well.  This one gives me faith in the younger generation.

If you don't know about him, like me yesterday, it's worth checking out just for the show.

With The Love In My Heart - Jacob Collier

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

I never heard of this guy until today. He's a great performer and a fine musician as well. His crowd involvement is great as well.  This one gives me faith in the younger generation.

If you don't know about him, like me yesterday, it's worth checking out just for the show.

With The Love In My Heart - Jacob Collier

Good to see that there are highly talented Jazz entertainer in the new generation.

Another one :

• Like 2

Tchaikovsky Symphony No.6 "Pathétique" - Kurt Masur / LGO (1987)

Tchaikovsky said he wept while writing this. Nine days after it's premier, it is suspected he killed himself by knowingly drinking water infected with Cholera.  Others disagree. We'll never know. But his last composition is a great one.

Edited by Notes_Norton
  • Like 1