What is one unique music of a movie you really like?

Linn Doan

Rewatched Herzog's Nosferatu: Phantom der Nacht yesterday and that's definitely one very particular soundtrack. Creepy to the point where it's difficult to say you like it but in terms of doing its job, it is phenomenal.

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, pwal³ said:

above post is from a chat-bot, i reported it

I thought so, but it WAS a good comment!  However, the avatar of an attractive young female coming HERE was the giveaway! ?

• 3 months later...

While unloading trucks, one of my co-workers plays music from his phone via Bluetooth through a speaker thing.
Usually pop and rap he likes.
Then, this song came on that I don't think I ever heard before, kind of a '60s vibe, psychedelic hippie thing with a woman singer. I liked it.
I asked him what it was and he said Madonna, from one of those Austin Powers movies.

• Haha 1

On 12/2/2023 at 10:22 PM, msmcleod said:

The Deer Hunter - Cavatina by (the other) John Williams:

This would also get my vote - over forty years of trying and I still can't come close to mastering it.

Composed by Stanley Myers, hauntingly beautiful and played to perfection by (the other) John Williams.

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Francis Lai's beautiful theme for A Man and a Woman (Claude Lelouch, 1966).  This film (winner of the Cannes Grand Prize and Oscar for Best Foreign Film) and Kubrick's stunning 2001: A Space Odyssey were my primary inspirations for becoming a film director. 

Among the more recent releases, I highly recommend Daniel Pemberton's haunting love theme from Edward Norton's neo-noir, Motherless Brooklyn.

Sorry, I don't have any pictures of artwork to post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...