New MidiFX Available

Variorum

dxshell works great but has some odd side effects.  I put it in the TTS-1 folder so VSTHost will see and load it. 

Since it's in the TTS-1 folder, Cakewalk/Sonar lists it twice:

image.png.63b617fe6d31eea2a29291da16a1c1d0.png

image.png.2b51d65d3cbb91124ec4416499b2365c.png

Does the same for Dimension LE dxi and Roland Groove Synth, only the dxshell versions load in Cakewalk with a blank GUI and no sound.

VSTHost gives me a mile long list of other "dxshell.dll" with no clue what plugins they are.

Not sure how it finds it's way outside the TTS-1 folder but all hosts seem to let it go wild.  

On 9/9/2024 at 1:57 AM, Variorum said:

I started an arpeggiator plugin a long time ago but never finished because there were so many really good VST arp plugins available. BlueARP is a good one.

Variorum, I really appreciate your plugins. I think they include all the MFX features that Cakewalk has needed and that I’ve always wished for. Thank you so much for that.

However, there isn’t an arpeggiator plugin on the market that can directly convert a clip into an arpeggiator like Z3ta+ does. Unfortunately, with that one, the arpeggio we generate can’t be converted into real notes we hear using the ‘bounce to clip’ method for use in another plugin.

Would you consider revisiting that arpeggiator plugin you left unfinished? It doesn’t need to be anything complex—just a simple MFX arpeggiator plugin that converts a MIDI clip into an arpeggio via drag-and-drop would be more than enough.

Edited by murat k.

Melodyne can very accurately convert audio to midi. You could look into that.  Once converted it is easy to loop sections. 

Edit added:

Melodyne  has an EQ like scaler EQ built into it

Melodyne can  do compression

Melody can do DeEssing

Melodyne can do artifact noise reduction  

Melodyne can do mouth click noise reduction

Convert a sung melody to midi 

Convert drum tracks to midi

And I don’t even know 1/2 of what it can do lol  

Edited by Max Arwood
Added info
  • Like 1