Disaster Strikes!!!

Larry Shelby

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Main on the Desktop, and if I run it with the Laptop, it's still the main, and the Laptop screen is the secondary!

MAkes sens  .... is it close to you or behind monitors axes ?

2 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

@Zo my comment was for the person quoted and had no reference to you. 

So my bad and my apoligies then , i'm editing my post so it doesn't fuel anything unecessary .

Don't see any quoted message that's why ;)

Now you got me intersted in that post actually lol 

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Craig N said:

Have you tried setting it to the full resolution and increasing the scaling percentage accordingly? (eg if you're currently on 100% try 150%)

Everything should be the same size but a little bit clearer, unless there's anything that ignores the scaling settings and remains tiny. I think Windows 10 is pretty good with the DPI scaling nowadays. 

I'm actually using an Nvidia 3d anti aliasing option called "DSR - Factors" at 3x to run a virtual resolution of 4434x1871 which sort of fakes the appearance of those extra pixels, it's a lot like the look of old iMacs  before they went hi res. My monitor is a 34 inch ultra wide 2560x1080 and I wish I had extra pixels lol. I need a new PC before I get a new monitor though. So I have the scale of 150% set in Windows Display settings to bring things back to a usable size. 

Yeah, full resolution with 150% looks pretty much like 2560x1440 of course just a bit smoother.

This time at full resolution (3840x2160) at 100% ProTools text menu bar looks good. And 150% at full resolution looks good too.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

I'm waiting for someone to drop they mix in a DAW in a VR. ?

Been there, done that! ?

I used an HP Reverb G2 and the app Bigscreen Beta, which projects my desktop on a "gigantic theater-like virtual screen". With the goggles on I couldn't see the keyboard but, at a point in my workflow when I was doing primarily "mouse work" it actually worked pretty well (maybe better than my HD monitor, but probably not as good as a large 4k, which I don't have)

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

I still like using my 720p 10+years Vizio 32 TV.  It runs on an older system.

My eyesight is getting worse and I struggle with a 1080p 40 inch TV.

Interesting when you look at TV and computer monitors there doesn't seem much more real estate between a 32 and 40 TV.    I've seen 27 ans 32 inch monitors and doesn't seem a recognizable difference except for the price.