remix--------------------Forest Floor

jack c.

I think I like the original mix a little better if I'm honest.
Couple crits.
1) when the kick comes in at 0:48, it doesn't sound like its in the same sound stage as the rest of the tune (seems completely dry to me).
2) the snare is a pretty important element in most/all rock; when its present, I find it to be a bit too weak.
Just my impressions as I listened and things I would bring up if we were in the control room together.

t

also, I had a little trouble following the lyrics, think I would post them, but that's just me...

14 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

I think I like the original mix a little better if I'm honest.
Couple crits.
1) when the kick comes in at 0:48, it doesn't sound like its in the same sound stage as the rest of the tune (seems completely dry to me).
2) the snare is a pretty important element in most/all rock; when its present, I find it to be a bit too weak.
Just my impressions as I listened and things I would bring up if we were in the control room together.

thanks tom.jack c.

• Like 1

hello jack, i didn't have time to hear the original mix, i just listened to this one now....this is a pretty incredible piece of music....i'm at work now and need to listen to it more to understand it better and will post again later....congrats, another great composition!!!! ????