EZBass Trial Now Available!

Larry Shelby

I finally tried EZBass on a new tune where I thought my established bass part could use some new ideas.

It's a new 'Citizen Regen' metal tune. So, I loaded up the metal bass, plugged in the chords, and chose some metal patterns for the intro, verse, pre-chorus and the chorus.

Comparatively speaking the various patterns I picked vs what I originally played were pretty busy (think Victor Wooten Solo but in Metal genre). One small verse section was even pretty close to what I originally played. 

Now, there was one section I really liked and so I nicked it for my final take that I played on the track, not EZBass. It was something I would probably never  would have stumbled on, so it was a cool find.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Bapu said:

I finally tried EZBass on a new tune where I thought my established bass part could use some new ideas.

It's a new 'Citizen Regen' metal tune. So, I loaded up the metal bass, plugged in the chords, and chose some metal patterns for the intro, verse, pre-chorus and the chorus.

Comparatively speaking the various patterns I picked vs what I originally played were pretty busy (think Victor Wooten Solo but in Metal genre). One small verse section was even pretty close to what I originally played. 

Now, there was one section I really liked and so I nicked it for my final take that I played on the track, not EZBass. It was something I would probably never  would have stumbled on, so it was a cool find.

Bapu , have you dragged your playing in it to take it as a start for search ? 

12 hours ago, Bapu said:

yeah. it can come up with some interesting parts. to be honest, i find all of them a little over the top and have to tone them down to 10% of the notes. i still dont really dig the sound of the bass in EZBass. I just export the dry DI and run it through an IKM  bass amp sim.

3 hours ago, paulo said:

Bapu already knows it's not gonna work. EZ doesn't know how to play the Am note.?

Only Bapu can play Bapu .... when you drag an drop or try to analyse you get kernel panic an blue screeen of death .... lol 

Edited by Zo
  • Haha 3

On 1/22/2022 at 6:13 AM, telecode 101 said:

yeah. it can come up with some interesting parts. to be honest, i find all of them a little over the top and have to tone them down to 10% of the notes. i still dont really dig the sound of the bass in EZBass. I just export the dry DI and run it through an IKM  bass amp sim.

I generally find most Toontrack MIDI to be a bit over-done, except EXKeys which I find to be often under-done.

On 1/22/2022 at 2:58 AM, Bapu said:

Comparatively speaking the various patterns I picked vs what I originally played were pretty busy

IMO this is a problem on a lot of instrument patterns (also from other vendors)!

This is my major instrumentation problem, too! ? Often I create too many cool instrument parts that compete against each other. So I end up having almost unsolvable mixing problems!