Diamonds In The Rough

Lynn Wilson

22 hours ago, Wookiee said:

I must have missed though not surprising my furry mind was somewhat distracted.  Agree that the hats are a tad to forward but other than that I like this @Lynn.

Thanks, Wookie!  I've already dialed back the hihats a bit, but for now you'll have to use your imagination. lol

18 hours ago, projectm said:

HA ha, this is nuts! But I love everything, even the hi-hats. I will re-visit this post from time to time to enjoy this again. Great work! 

Ha!  I love nuts!!  You're welcome back anytime.  Thanks for your witty reply.

• Like 1

Good song, thanks for remixing and posting it again. I think the overall mix and arrangement is great, maybe the bass is a bit dominant in the verse? I listened in headphones, so take it with a pinch of salt. Love the 6/8+3/4 combo. And xylo percussion! Nice Peter Gabriel-ish sound on the vocal.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2019 at 12:19 PM, kakku said:

More than good enough for radio or tv. Excellent all the way. I listened with my phone so cannot comment on mix

kakku, you made my day!  I did take the time to check the mix on my cellphone and with Mixchecker Pro just in case somebody like you came along ;)

12 hours ago, Leizer said:

Good song, thanks for remixing and posting it again. I think the overall mix and arrangement is great, maybe the bass is a bit dominant in the verse? I listened in headphones, so take it with a pinch of salt. Love the 6/8+3/4 combo. And xylo percussion! Nice Peter Gabriel-ish sound on the vocal.

Leizer, thanks for your comments and time.  I agree with you about the bass; I just bought 2 new headphones - a Sennheiser HD 300 PRO and an Audio Technica - ATH M50x - and both tell me that the bass is a little hot so I cranked it down in the mix I'm working on now.  Good ears!

Hi, Lynn,

I must have missed this on the old songs forum, but this is really quirky and cool with lots of interesting parts weaving in and out throughout the entire song!?

Great lyrics and fun arrangement, with excellent musicianship and killer vocals.  The mix is clean as a whistle, and clear, wide and punchy with great spatial detail and perfect panning.

Very cool song, Lynn, I'm glad you gave it another shot, I definitely think it's a real keeper!?

Great stuff, buddy, have a good one!
Bob

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bob Oister said:

Hi, Lynn,

I must have missed this on the old songs forum, but this is really quirky and cool with lots of interesting parts weaving in and out throughout the entire song!?

Great lyrics and fun arrangement, with excellent musicianship and killer vocals.  The mix is clean as a whistle, and clear, wide and punchy with great spatial detail and perfect panning.

Very cool song, Lynn, I'm glad you gave it another shot, I definitely think it's a real keeper!?

Great stuff, buddy, have a good one!
Bob

Hey Bob, your words mean a lot, and I really appreciate them.  Thanks to you and so many others it's easy to get steered in the right direction.  Keep on rockin'

• Like 1

Hi Lynn ,

Wow, deep song on a lot of levels .

I love the line " the older I get the less I become less of the parts of my sum "

Love the change up arrangement wise you did at 1:38  ...what do we have here ?

A Reggae style guitar part mixed in w a Cuban style groove done in an old Western spaghetti style sound canvas ...OMG Love it ..

I liked your song a lot Lynn . Everything about it is very good . The songs message , the vocals , instruments and mix ....

Great  job ,

Kenny

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kenny Wilson said:

Hi Lynn ,

Wow, deep song on a lot of levels .

I love the line " the older I get the less I become less of the parts of my sum "

Love the change up arrangement wise you did at 1:38  ...what do we have here ?

A Reggae style guitar part mixed in w a Cuban style groove done in an old Western spaghetti style sound canvas ...OMG Love it ..

I liked your song a lot Lynn . Everything about it is very good . The songs message , the vocals , instruments and mix ....

Great  job ,

Kenny

Kenny, I'm blown away by your words.  I've always looked to you as one of the true masters on this site, so it means a lot.  Thank you!

• Thanks 1