VST scan recognizes only one Cakewalk SI plugin

Thank you for the reply. I fixed the problem, but not in the way you suggested. I first deleted Studio Instruments, which is a separate app. I then reinstalled SI using Bandlab Assistant. That installs SI in the Cakewalk app folder on the root drive, not where I want plugins. I then moved the Studio Instruments folder to the desired location on my data drive. I then edited the registry to point to the new location for all four instruments and their contents. I then opened Cakewalk and initiated a VST scan. All four SI plugins are now registered and have been added to my menu for synthesizers. If none of the SI's had appeared in the scan before I would have done something similar to fix the problem. The puzzlement is why only one SI registered when they were all installed as a group exactly the same way previously. 

Edited by AV Workstation

I did notice the unusual path but did not know you were using the old SI Suite installer.

For sure, I would suggest using the add-ins installer supplied by BandLab Assistant.

As a rule, I don't recommend the registry edits unless absolutely necessary.

I prefer to use directory junctions. They are easy to use and allow relocation without the need to mess with the registry.

There have been reports of SI plug-ins scanning as FX. The fix is forcing a rescan of existing plug-ins. There are a couple of ways to do this, VST Reset is the easiest. Creating a log while running the Reset is a good idea if the Reset fails to solve the problem. The log provides a lot of detail about the scan.

Glad you solved the problem.