Toontrack EZDrummer Lite

Larry Shelby

I found this on the Toontrack site -

WHAT IS EZDRUMMER® LITE & HOW DO I GET IT?

EZdrummer Lite is discontinued and is no longer available (as of May 6th, 2014)

What is EZdrummer® Lite?

EZdrummer® Lite is a stripped down version of the multi-microphone drum-sampler EZdrummer®. It is designed for musicians and producers in need of a compact, affordable, easy to handle plug-in without compromising sound quality or control. The drums for EZdrummer® Lite were recorded, produced and played by the best in the business at Avatar Studios in New York. For more information, click here.

Is EZdrummer® LITE for free?

Well, technically yes, but you would still require a serial number to gain access to the product and authorize it. EZdrummer® Lite is only available when bundled with third party hardware, magazines and other software products.

Have you found an EZdrummer® Lite serial on the packaging of your latest hardware, magazine or software purchase?
Congratulations! Register your EZdrummer® Lite serial in your www.toontrack.com user account and you are eligible to upgrade to a full version of EZdrummer® at a great price!

3 hours ago, abacab said:

I would email Toontrack first to verify this if I was considering it.

Definitely. 

It says it's free... comes with other products as a promotion. 

So how are they selling it? Where did JRR get these serials from?

4 hours ago, abacab said:

That's only $50 more for the latest full version!

And with that version you get two full sets with quite a few variations of those sets.

ED2 Modern with 18 variations

ED2 Vintage with 15 variations

• Like 1

what the point of buying Toontrack EZDrummer Lite if its very outdated lite version that have no upgrade to EZD2 path available ?
that's pure waste of money and to be honest a bit shame JRR offer it.

Edited by Leok85
  • Like 2

Toontrack confirmed that you can still add EZD Lite to your account, download, and install it. If you can acquire a serial, which Toontrack does not sell any longer.

But I am not sure why anyone would want to buy such an outdated program?