Puns Anyone? Got 'em? Post 'em.

Notes_Norton

Reminds me of this sentence that can be said, but not written:

"There are three two's in the English language."

"There are three to's in the English language."

"There are three too's in the English language."

• Like 1

NEWS STORY:

"Leonard Riggio, Barnes & Noble founder, dead at 83 - Leonard Riggio, Barnes & Noble founder and former chairman, died at 83"

ONLINE COMMENT:

"I'm sorry that I won't be able to attend his funeral, I'm all booked up!"

Aside: Some people would say he was not the founder in the traditional sense.  True, he purchased the rights to the name in 1971, but the store was legendary in NYC long before 1971.

Barnes & Noble's beginnings can be traced to 1873, when Charles M. Barnes started a book business from his home in Wheaton, Illinois. In 1917, his son, William, went to New York to join G. Clifford Noble in establishing Barnes & Noble. During the height of the Great Depression, what later became the Barnes & Noble flagship store was opened on Fifth Avenue at 18th Street in New York City. This store developed a worldwide reputation for excellence by serving millions of customers with its comprehensive selection of general trade books, academic titles and textbooks, and medical books.

In 1971, bookseller Leonard Riggio acquired the Barnes & Noble trade name and flagship bookstore in Manhattan, merging it with his own thriving bookselling business. Within a few years, he had grown the Barnes & Noble Fifth Avenue store in New York City into "The World’s Largest Bookstore," with 150,000 textbook and trade titles.