MIDI Route issues with Ni S61 Ext Port. - Solved

I can replicate this issue time and time again. Its a pain in the backside! So hear it is - hope you guys are not having the same issues.

I have an external MIDI Sound Canvas (Roland SC88Pro - still in perfect working order). This is connected to the Extended MIDI Port Out if my NI Komplete S61. (i.e. Ext Midi Port Out S61 to Midi Port A IN on SC88Pro).

I open Cakewalk and setup MIDI track signal as follows. Input to Keyboard Source NI S61 (KOMPLETE KONTROL-1) the output is set to External Port on the S61 (KOMPLETE KONTROL EXT-1).

For a few minutes it works but seems to stop the moment I hit the stop button!? In others words MIDI input signal is getting to Cakewalk just fine. no problem I can play teh Keys and see the signal and record the signal (MIDI). However,  I'm not getting signal to my SC88Pro.

But when and if I open the project and play it for the first time - it sends MIDI signal to my Sound Canvas. Also when just in Echo it works until such time as I press STOP for teh first time - after that. No signal gets to my SC88Pro. I have to exit Cakewalk and re-open it and the project - then again all ok - until STOP button.

It is not the SC88Pro / Or cable - As I have Yamaha Keyboard too - which talks to it all day long when I connect it to the same port. All Note...etc SYS-X and Program Change messages from my Yamaha get to it. Additionally - when i connect My Yamaha to the same config - i.e. That in stead of the SC88Pro - the results are the same. I also get the same results with my DrumKit Module. So it is something either in Cakewalk or a Driver? The latter is fully updated - checked with NI.

Also this happens with my NI Maschine Ext-1 Port.

And if Cakewalk is not in the MIX. they work just fine!

I have to now find my old M-Audio MidiSport - just to be sure. But if any of you like me still have a few old Keys about and can do the odd test I'd appreciate feedback.

Thanks.

Issue-Setup-2.png.b68a347da0bacb7c1174675160fa1c81.pngIssue-Setup-1.png.a9da8a44ddba1dc4b3bd7b7a9efae69a.pngIssue-Setup-3.png.ebcd91c487d82b3c5fc0162254dbe8cf.pngIssue-Setup-4.png.eabc7e680df93e891577552d516aec4d.png

Issue-Setup-5.png

15 hours ago, C. A. Hamman said:

SCook, Spot on! Just finished the testing now and all ok! Thanks!! ??

Hi C.A.  Would you mind marking SOLVED in the subject line? Others may not be weighing in, but this info/solution could really help others in the future searching this sorta thing!?

• C. A. Hamman changed the title to MIDI Route issues with Ni S61 Ext Port. - Solved