DPro Elements folder

Edwin Sheldon

Thanks.

Reason I'm looking, I'm new to this whole synth thing (guitar player). I'll eventually figure out the details of creating sounds, but for now I'd like to make some splits. According to the documentation:

"Dimension can save and load individual Elements to file. The idea here is making an `Element Set', capable of serving as `quick construction kit' for new programs. An element file contains all settings for an element, including the multisample definition and parameters, with all modulators and DSP settings applied."

I assumed (there's that word) that meant that if I saved a Program as an element, that I could then load it into an element of another program and it would sound the same. NOT! So I must be missing something. I've got the key split set up properly, and the original program sounds right, but...

If it matters, I started with one of the Grand Piano programs and I'm adding one of the Hammond organs in Element 2.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

The structure of a DP program starts with a sample or sfz file which may contain many samples loaded into an Element.

The Element contains all the settings shown on the DP UI for that element.

Up to 4 Elements make up a program.

There is no way to save an entire program containing more than one element as a Element. Only the individual elements of the program may be saved as Elements.

DOH! Found my error! Both the original patches were one element each, I saved them both as separate elements, then combined them. So it should have worked.

Where I messed up was that I had a bass patch loaded (on an identical lower split) in another track in Reaper that I'd been experimenting on using Note Filters to create a split and loading different (Vacuum/Hybrid) synths for each part, and that was combining to make the Hammond patch on the lower split sound weird while the Piano (upper split) sounded fine. As soon as I shut that track off all was good!

I'm a dummy. Knowing what I DIDN'T do wrong pointed me in the right direction!

Thanks for your help!