Is there a way to downgrade to the last update?

Mr.Fan

Question

Recently, I updated Cakewalk up to the latest version. However, upon opening my project that I have been working on, it made a lot..I MEAN A LOT..of popping sounds, coming from my speakers. Normally, I set the buffer size at fast and it still works very fine - this project is very simple - but with the latest version installed, I am annoyed that I need to set my buffer size near to safe, all the way to safe and not being able to record the vocal tracks, because of delays. So, I am curious if there is a way to downgrade it. By the way, I am using a ASUS Laptop, an Intel(R)Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50 GHz 2.71 GHz and a horrible RAM of 4GB.

Edited by Mr.Fan
i forgot to put tags

3 answers to this question

You can only go back to a previous version if you had already saved a previous version somewhere.  That is, you will not find an earlier version available for download from BandLab.

As for your popping sounds, have you checked your projects bit depth and sample rate with that of your interface/sound card?  They should match.

Kind regards,

tecknot

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the help! Uhm...I did fix the popping sounds by downloading ASIO -sorry for wasting time- because I was using the driver that I kept using for a year, WASAPI Exclusive. Now, I know how to downgrade! Regardless, thank you!