This Is Your Life

kloon

New Kloon song out now, for those of you interested in following my stuff.

Thanks for listening and merry christmas.

Spotify url if anyone wants to ad it to their playlist.

https://open.spotify.com/track/68LXSIiLTiyAzQsYRLJTXz

Acustic version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7rrbaq3owfuzeg/This Is Your Life - acoustic.wav

Edited by kloon
  • Like 6

Hey Kloon, this is a terrific demo of your song -- good mix and arrangement -- instruments and vox are well placed.  If you revisit the mix  -- it seems to me that there's a lack of sparkle in the choruses -- for instance, the harmonies could be louder in the mix -- it could sound "bigger" or something.   Good work~~Allan

• Like 2

Interesting tune! I like it. The vocals I think are especially well mixed. Do I hear a delay of the main vocal fading out into the right speaker? Whatever your lead processing is, super great. Very clear lead vocal.

I might ask for just a bit more variety in the drum programming but it's a bit of an 80's throwback maybe? A couple of 80's electronic tom fills would sit nicely alongside that 2-and-4 80's snare, in the back half of the tune.

What a niggle. Great mix on a very cool song.

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Andrew Ball said:

Hmm - I like - lovely guitar riff. The lyrics really drew me in - very dark stuff and great story telling - I get the feeling it doesn't end well and I'm glad you leave that out there. Terrific stuff.

Andy

Thank you very much Andrew, yea i prefer to leave much of the story up to the listeners imagination and not say everything out loud. :)

Edited by kloon

2 hours ago, ABull said:

Hey Kloon, this is a terrific demo of your song -- good mix and arrangement -- instruments and vox are well placed.  If you revisit the mix  -- it seems to me that there's a lack of sparkle in the choruses -- for instance, the harmonies could be louder in the mix -- it could sound "bigger" or something.   Good work~~Allan

Thank you very much for your feedback and kind words. :)

definitely

40 minutes ago, emeraldsoul said:

Interesting tune! I like it. The vocals I think are especially well mixed. Do I hear a delay of the main vocal fading out into the right speaker? Whatever your lead processing is, super great. Very clear lead vocal.

I might ask for just a bit more variety in the drum programming but it's a bit of an 80's throwback maybe? A couple of 80's electronic tom fills would sit nicely alongside that 2-and-4 80's snare, in the back half of the tune.

What a niggle. Great mix on a very cool song.

cheers,

-Tom

Thank you very much Tom.  Yes, there is definately a little bit of delay going on on the vocals. The drums are maybe a bitt simple in arrangement but that is kinda how i like them. Not the biggest fan of toms.

2 hours ago, garybrun said:

Nice track and well mixed on the vocals.
Would like to hear more of the harmonies.
In my head I believe this track could sound bigger.

Great song and great demo.
Well done.

Thank you very much Gary for both your feedback and kind words. :)

A little U2 feel here? Unless what I think are "jangling" guitars down in the mix is a synth.

On 12/10/2019 at 7:42 PM, kloon said:

The drums are maybe a bitt simple in arrangement but that is kinda how i like them. Not the biggest fan of toms.

I was going to agree with emeraldsoul on the drums, but hey; your song, your production.
I do agree on the vocal processing, well done!

Tom

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bjornpdx said:

Yeah I don't know what the lyrics mean, but that's okay! I made up my own story.
Impressive voc track. Whatever you did there, it was just right. Song arrangement is excellent. Big thumbs up!

Thank you very much Bjorn. Yeah my lyrics are always very vague on purpose, this one is no exception. The whole point being as you said for the listener to make up their own story.

Right up there .. I get Toms obs and your take on the beat, for me it all works although I would have loved a M8, say lead guitar, but it's a small crit .. I do love your stuff as you know, probably 'cause of your lyrics with great mixing ... so all good here, thanks for the post 👊

Steve

Where was the inspiration for the lyrics ..?    Just love to know

Edited by SPAK
  • Like 2

Wow, this has a very modern pop sound combined with a vintage vibe that draws you in.  On headphones the mix is well panned, and the vocal sounds quite big, and on speakers, it fills the room.  I like this very much, and I think it stands on its own, as is.  Merry Christmas to you, too.

• Like 2