scook's tool for adding to tools menu?

jono grant

14 hours ago, Michael Vogel ( MUDGEL) said:

Thanks, I ran it as I've done with the older version. I'm adding sound forge to the tools menu, or trying to.

I set it up as shown here but when I try to select a wave file and choose sound forge it says: "Cannot create process" and sound forge doesn't open. Here's how I set up the tools editor:

PS: I believe when I first did it, I had an option to "add this tool" which I did.

Any idea what I've done wrong? Thanks1701309789_toolseditorSF.thumb.jpg.6ffa11f20fa97b40f88ad43739d4a2bc.jpg

1 minute ago, jono grant said:

Can anyone let me know if I can reverse whatever this tool did so I can try again with sound forge?

Thanks

Jono

Fire up RegEdit and open this key:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Tools Menu

You'll see a list of everything that has been added to the tools menu, e.g.:

image.png.ebb1db0e110b2a5bfa0432db4a052766.png

Just right click and delete the one you added by mistake.

13 minutes ago, scook said:

Although

is often a permissions problem where either CbB or SoundForge is running as administrator and the other is not.

Yes, you are right! (Don't know how you know all this stuff man!) thanks! Great tool!

Just made sure both CW and SF were running as administrator and it worked! (one of them was not set to run as admin...)

Jono

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

Fire up RegEdit and open this key:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Tools Menu

You'll see a list of everything that has been added to the tools menu, e.g.:

image.png.ebb1db0e110b2a5bfa0432db4a052766.png

Just right click and delete the one you added by mistake.

You know I am not going to throw users into regedit when there is a tool to create the entries. The same tool provides edit and delete among other functions. It's all documented in the help.

4 hours ago, scook said:

You know I am not going to throw users into regedit when there is a tool to create the entries. The same tool provides edit and delete among other functions. It's all documented in the help.

I beg forgiveness for this, but how does your tool tell the user if a failed attempt was written into registry?

Non-pro computer users don't know if a certain software writes to registry when it fails to execute. But they probably know that it could be several hours of troubleshooting if the software used doesn't like to be installed two times.

It's better to take a look and see if it's there in the reg than take a chance that the software can be installed over itself.

6 hours ago, jono grant said:

Can anyone let me know if I can reverse whatever this tool did so I can try again with sound forge?

Thanks

Jono

I only provided the link. The tools were made by scook who is an expert CbB user and programmer. Yes. I have SF13 working no problem. Spend some time reading all of scook’s instructions as they’re very comprehensive.  Yes, you can reverse any entries made using the functions within the tool to delete entries made.

15 hours ago, Michael Vogel ( MUDGEL) said:

I only provided the link. The tools were made by scook who is an expert CbB user and programmer. Yes. I have SF13 working no problem. Spend some time reading all of scook’s instructions as they’re very comprehensive.  Yes, you can reverse any entries made using the functions within the tool to delete entries made.

Thanks! scook informed me it was likely one of the programs was not set to run as administrator and he was right. It worked after that!

Cheers!

J

• 1 year later...

I am unable to get Wavelab 6 working with the latest version of Cakewalk.  I used cbB and get the message "cannot create process".  Neither Wavelab nor Cakewalk are set to run with admin privileges'.  

Has anyone got this to work?  It did work for me in Sonar X3. 

NM just fixed it.  Bot hnot set to admin did not work.  But, both set to Admin, did work...

Edited by Charley Rich
corrected post