cclarry

ReValver Acquired by Audio Media Research - Revalver is now FREE!!!

I do remember that USB thing now, from the launch of ReValver 4.  I have several USB drives
attached to my PC, so never gave it a second thought.  My bad!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

One thing that is possible is that--now that they are giving away the base application for free--they are more concerned with making money on the expansions.  That may explain this USB thing.  But obviously it won't affect people who already own Revalver.  

I've written them and hopefully I will find out what I need to do.  They made a HUGE deal about me not losing the USB.  But I can't see anything written on it.  The license file referred to above was written to my computer. 

They've always had a free version, and the amp store came around with V4, as did the USB dongle.

• Like 2

I only had three USB devices connected when I installed it today - an iLok, an e-licenser (neither of which seem to have been altered) and the AXE I/O audio interface.

ReValver downloaded and stored the license.txt file on my hard drive in C:\ProgramData\Peavey Electronics\ReValver 4\license 
If I select Options (cog wheel) and click on License File that's the location it opens.

The information on their web page says...

COPY PROTECTION

ReValver 4 will need to be locked to a USB device to activate the license. This can be, amongst others, anything from a memory stick, iLok2 (or other dongle), audio interface or USB hard drive. Take care to register the device you wish to use going forward as switching a device is limited to lost, broken or replaced devices & cannot be done without contacting support.

So, since the USB device can even be an audio interface, it doesn't actually store anything on the USB device but uses it as a "key" so unless that USB device is connected to the PC it won't allow the software to run. 

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, ZincT said:

I only had three USB devices connected when I installed it today - an iLok, an e-licenser (neither of which seem to have been altered) and the AXE I/O audio interface.

ReValver downloaded and stored the license.txt file on my hard drive in C:\ProgramData\Peavey Electronics\ReValver 4\license 
If I select Options (cog wheel) and click on License File that's the location it opens.

The information on their web page says...

So, since the USB device can even be an audio interface, it doesn't actually store anything on the USB device but uses it as a "key" so unless that USB device is connected to the PC it won't allow the software to run. 

That's right, I believe any perpipheral, but like hardware iLok, has to be connected.

That's probably the problem then.  I had it hooked up to the USB, but then maybe it doesn't recognize the USB any more. 

If I had understood this better, I would have used my audio interface.  Now I'm wasting a USB spot for no reason.  And it doesn't even work yet.

The USB license requirement is one of my major gripes with Revalver. I love the software, especially the guitar modelling (great for mixing VST guitars & real guitars and making them sound like the same instrument), but it does mean I've got this USB key constantly having to be moved around between PC's.

Because of this, I can't think of any project where Revalver has stayed in a project for more than the time its taken to apply the effect and bounce to clip(s).

Oh, and the other thing - unless the new owners have made some changes, you can't change the USB device it's authorised to without a call to support.

4 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Here is the authorization that I see every time.  But it doesn't work. Note the mention of the USB hardware device at the bottom.  It would not proceed without me putting in a new USB.

1657547749_licensefile.jpg.244903cab87c5a2e943337368db9180c.jpg

additionally.jpg.837fb54186dc2bad48868cc045ba538c.jpg

Once you have clicked download and you see that message you can click quit and then in the main application go to the Cog Wheel Icon (settings) and there is a button for "License Folder". Click on that and it will show you where the license file was downloaded. No reason to move the license file, just leave it there. On my Windows System it downloaded to:

C/programdata/peavey electronics/Revalver 4/License

I think I had to close and open Revalver about 4 times before I saw that some of the Modules had the "D" removed allowing me to use them without the annoying beeps.

Because of the dark interface it's easy to miss the fact that the D was removed from some of the modules since they all kind of blend together.

Edited by Patrick Derbidge

5 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

The USB license requirement is one of my major gripes with Revalver. I love the software, especially the guitar modelling (great for mixing VST guitars & real guitars and making them sound like the same instrument), but it does mean I've got this USB key constantly having to be moved around between PC's.

Because of this, I can't think of any project where Revalver has stayed in a project for more than the time its taken to apply the effect and bounce to clip(s).

Oh, and the other thing - unless the new owners have made some changes, you can't change the USB device it's authorised to without a call to support.

I don't think it's required anymore. My license file was downloaded to the program data file on my PC and seems to be working just fine. I think it's been this way for a while because I remember demoing Revalver  a couple of years ago and don't remember having to have any kind of USB to run it on. I don't like USB dongles either but I have caved to run a few VSTi's like some of my East West libraries.

Edited by Patrick Derbidge
  • Like 1

Now that AMR is sold off and on their own, they have a real opportunity here to change their licensing protocol. It would behoove them to start visiting forums like this and introduce their plans for the software, interact with users of the software and most definitely help them with the licensing.

Edited by Musical Warmth 5150

No love with the dongle at my end.  Keeps prompting me saying its found a license and needs the associated USB device.  Just sent a note to support.

I did a fresh install some time back and hadn't re-installed Revalver until now, and I it did not ask me to identify a USB device.  Perhaps, though, that information is stored on PV's end.

I uninstalled, re-downloaded, re-installed, and it still looks for the dongle.  Hopefully this first experience with support goes well but I could imaging they're getting lots of inquiries at

1 hour ago, Marc Cormier said:

I uninstalled, re-downloaded, re-installed, and it still looks for the dongle.  Hopefully this first experience with support goes well but I could imaging they're getting lots of inquiries at

Curious, What does this message look like that is asking for a dongle other than the standard message stated above the download button?

Here's the response I got from customer service:

Thank you for your email.

In case you haven't bought any content on our website, most of ReValver will be indeed in demo mode, just so you can try and see whether you would like to purchase some modules in the future.

However, we do offer a bunch of free modules, more precisely  " two Amplifiers, a “lite” version of RIR 2, three pedals/effects and some ACT content", as the user guide states.

The 2 amplifiers are the Valveking and the Custom Lite. Furthermore, you can check a bank of presets called Free Bank, that contains presets created using only the free modules. That will certainly give you an idea of what you receive for free and what you can achieve with it.

Should you have any further questions or issues to report, feel free to contact us.

José Luiz Paiz Junior

AMR Customer Support
Audio Media Research

Had you read my earlier post you would have already know...

ReValver 4 Modules included for Free

ValveKing® & Custom Lite Amp Modules

RIR 2 Lite Cabinet Modeling Module (3 x cabs, 3 x mics, multiple mic positions)

Lite Green & Tremolo Stomp Boxes

C-verb Lite Effects Module

Audio Stream splitter

ACT Content (1 x Acoustic Bundle, 2 x Electric Pickup Bundles, 4 x Output presets)

Access to the Amp Store for an ever growing selection of new modules, cabinets & ACT Content

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Had you read my earlier post you would have already know...

ReValver 4 Modules included for Free

ValveKing® & Custom Lite Amp Modules

RIR 2 Lite Cabinet Modeling Module (3 x cabs, 3 x mics, multiple mic positions)

Lite Green & Tremolo Stomp Boxes

C-verb Lite Effects Module

Audio Stream splitter

ACT Content (1 x Acoustic Bundle, 2 x Electric Pickup Bundles, 4 x Output presets)

Access to the Amp Store for an ever growing selection of new modules, cabinets & ACT Content

Yes, I didn't read it carefully.  😀

I got caught up in the idea of it being "free," but it's only free in the same sense that the IK Amplitude Custom Shop is free. You can demo anything, but you have to buy if you want it. 

• Like 2

So, the next best thing is to wait for a super discounted   sale (hopefully, for Christmas) and get the real deal.

I haven't installed it yet and wondering if it's worth the effort??

• Like 1