Slate Digital (confused)

Blades

I got an email from Slate Digital that said this:

------

"Get a year of ALL ACCESS PASS and then we will give you ANY FREE PERMANENT SLATE DIGITAL PLUGIN OF YOUR CHOOSING!! 😱

With this deal, you’ll basically get to demo every single plugin in our arsenal for an entire year, as well as demo every new plugin we come out with for the next year, and then you will be sent a FREE plugin voucher to receive ANY SLATE DIGITAL PLUGIN that you want to keep PERMANENTLY! It’s that simple."
But, it all ends in 72 hours, so don’t miss this great deal!  A year of plugins on us, then choose whichever you like best and get it for FREE!

-----

So, how I read this was "a year subscription for free".  I don't know why they'd do this, but that's how it READ.

But when you click the link, it takes you to the product page and a check out sidebar shows: $149.99 $149.99

So as to say "this used to cost $149, but now it is Only $149"

Anyone else on this one?  Here's the link so you can see it there (less the email content): https://app.slatedigital.com/checkout?catalogItemReferenceId=all-access-pass-annual-paid-upfront&coupon=BF_FreePlugin&__s=3hjvcfugf1jbfudfwuh6

10 hours ago, Blades said:

I don't know why they'd do this, but that's how it READ.

But when you click the link, it takes you to the product page and a check out sidebar shows: $149.99 $149.99

So as to say "this used to cost $149, but now it is Only $149"

Why do they do this? Marketing! One of the biggest objections to subscriptions is 'I pay all that money and when I unsubscribe I end up with nothing.' Well this gets rid of that objection. I'd love to see more companies do this. Or even better, subscribe for however long you want and whatever money you've invested in the subscription goes to store credit you can use to buy plugins.

As for the $149.99 $149.99, I have no idea :D

4 minutes ago, cclarry said:

There are some good Tutorials in the Academy, and
of course the plugins are top notch...so the answer
to those questions would be up to you!  And there 
are supposed to be a lot of new plugins added in the
next year!

Yup, and about curses, many of them are interesting like below:

aca1.jpg.8a5c134cc2b506bfe2c9e70b6fd6cd73.jpg

They have not very big curses library as you can see, but they are useful and expanding with new items.

And worth to mention this :

aca2.jpg.2c4442174cb24df12ef0740ccf6c9bb3.jpg

Edited by Piotr
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

iLok required for "perpetual users"??
iLok Cloud for All Access Users, what's that??

T

4 hours ago, cclarry said:

That requires the iLok application, but not the dongle

iLok Cloud requires internet connection, so not for offline PC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tricky : get used to our plugins and you will want to keep using hem .... 

personnaly i let thel in the nonsense until they take care of request and what we asked for ...

plugins oustide the rack

great sales on non sub plugins .