CbB + LFO

Mik Urrey

Hello!
I try to automate the stereo balance of the track by LFO using MIDI Shape shifter.
I found this instruction

I did get MIDI Shape Shifter to work. Here is how. After installing taking all defaults.
Create A New Project
Insert MIDI Shape Shifter into the project using an instrument track
Insert DPro into the Project using an instrument track
Set the input on the MIDI Shape Shifter to my controller Omni
Set the input on the DPro track to MIDI Shape Shifter Omni
Load a Program into DPro
Set echo on both tracks
Play controller..............DPro should sound
Pick Transpose (+1 Octave) Preset from MIDI Shape Shifter
Play controller..............DPro plays 1 octave higher.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3198292

OK, Octave down/up works fine.

But nothing happens when I try to pick preset "LFO" fnd attach the Pan fader to MIDI CC 7 Ch 1. What am I doing wrong?

There's a photo of my adventures

Edited by Mik Urrey
Horrible media attachment system

29 minutes ago, scook said:

If no one provides a solution, I'll try to make some time later to take a look at this.

In the mean time, for auto-panning take a look at Sonitus Surround.

Thank you scook!

I know about Sonitus Surround but panning is just example. I'm looking for a free multipurpose LFO tool can automate any knob and change its own frequency by another automation lane.

Edited by Mik Urrey
My horrible English )

OK, I remember this plug-in now (after dealing with its installer again).

The reason the process provided in the previous thread does not work for your case is the previous example was taking data from the controller through the MIDI Shape Shifter into the synth input.

What you need to do is send the controller directly to the synth and have a separate connection from the MIDI Shape Shifter for remote control. To so this:

Insert MIDI Shape Shifter as an instrument track

Add a MIDI track with its input set to MIDI Shape Shifter, output to a virtual MIDI cable (LoopBe1 and LoopMIDI are free) and input echo on

Insert a synth with its input to the controller (not MIDI Shape Shifter)

Now remote control should work. Remote control is an old method of connecting control data to automation parameters and has its limits. ACT was introduced years ago to for binding control data to plug-in parameters. I have not messed with ACT.

• Like 1

Thank you! It works properly now.

I saw your post about remote control via LoopBe1 on another board and tried to make that but LoopBe1  can not provide in and out for one app at the same time and throws warning. So I thought it's my mistake again and abandoned this way.

Now I have installed LoopMIDI and it provides needed ability.

Glad you got it working

LoopBe1 will work but it is very easy to create a feedback loop which will cause it to shut down. This happens when instrument and MIDI track inputs are set to OMNI on the same track where LoopBe1 is set as an output.

I have not used LoopMIDI for some time. It is good to know LoopMIDI is coded in a way to prevent feedback loops.

Unlike the LoopBe1, LoopMIDI allows to create more then one MIDI port. So I can use one internally in CbB and have another for connect external programms to CbB. And yes, seems it protected from loops

Edited by Mik Urrey

• 8 months later...

Old topic, but I'll just note that I had noticeable latency when playing through LoopMIDI. I did not experience that latency with LoopBe. So...

I purchased LoopBe30, which lets me instantiate from 1-30 virtual MIDI channels, as needed.

Also note that LoopBe (1 and 30) can be configured to provide shortcut detection (feedback loops).

https://nerds.de/en/loopbe30.html

Edited by John Maar