Pitch Wheel Controller Problem (solved)

RexRed

Is anyone having a problem with Cakewalk pitch wheel controllers?

My M-Audio oxygen 49  pitch wheel won't zero properly and I have to manually put a zeroed envelope there just to stabilize the pitch. 

I am wondering if it is a firmware update I applied to my keyboard controller or if it is a problem with a new Cakewalk update.

Edited by RexRed

I’d look at the MAudio first.  Unfortunately MAudio controllers are notorious for developing issues with the pitchbend and modulation wheels.  

I have an MAudio Hammer 88, and I know it’s just a matter of time before it starts acting up.  Again, a common MAudio problem.

SMD

I am now sure it is not Cakewalk because it does it in other DAWs and standalones. The mid point on the PB wheel reads wrong 75 instead of 64 while the top and bottom read 0 and 127. Mechanically it is solid I took it apart and looked so I am thinking it is a recent firmware update. I guess a good rule is never update something's firmware if it is working fine. M-Audio says I need to send it to them to get the old firmware back. Really? They couldn't just post how to flash it? Well I have bought another company's product to replace it. Other than this the controller is working fine but the pitch wheel is something I use a lot. 250 bucks down the drain, out the window, arriba derchi, too bad I would buy a PB wheel to replace this one but I think it is a firmware issue. M-audio was no help at all, they were nice on the phone but all solutions led to either a huge expense or a dead end. Instructions on a flash or a download link to older flash would have been the way for them to go. Instead it remains for the most part, unsupported. Brother did this to me once where they flashed my printer so it could not use third party ink. My new controller will show up Friday and this, otherwise perfectly good keyboard, will go on the junk pile.

Edited by RexRed
spelling error

It’s a shame really, MAudio’s customer service is pretty poor.  I never updated any of my MAudio controllers over the years unless it was necessary.  

A customer should be able to return to a previous firmware without shipping the keyboard to them.   When my MAudio Hammer 88 goes, it’ll be replaced with something better.   

What are you replacing it with?

SMD

Edited by SynthManDan