How can I import midi from another project and is it possible to downsize higher quality recordings?

Bevan

Question

Initially I made several recordings using my previous soundcard at 96 khz, but my new amp is 48khz so can't open those projects.

How can I import the midi tracks from them, and is it possible to convert the audio files to 48khz?

3 answers to this question

In the project. Select only the miditracks. Export as midi.

96khz to 48khz is called downsampling. Audacity is one of many programs that can help with that. Just be careful in Audacity. After downsampling you have to change the project rate at the bottom left to the new rate before you export it to wav.

The OP references not being able to open files because the sample rate is higher than the sound card. I have never heard of this, since CbB automatically streams to the current sound output capacity. You "should" be seeing an error on open with the option to select another output source, as simple as that. That file not opening could be internal corruption or another error (there have been posts similar). I would recommend contacting customer support if you are not seeing the option to choose another output device.

Azslow3 created a plugin for Reaper which converts cwp files to Reaper format. If that cwp file will not open, that is an option to recover the MIDI information. Numerous free wav editors will convert the audio, which should reside in the project->audio subfolder.

Sorry.

I have now checked and wasn't aware of the fact that such an project couldn't be opened in a software that's been developed for 30 years.

Personally i would put the project file on a usb and find me a pc with 96khz soundcard. Install CbB. Open the project and separate the midi and audio in that way.